Disney Chief: More Star Wars 'Character' Movies on the Way

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Disney Chief: More Star Wars 'Character' Movies on the W

Post by Nutso »

Tyyr wrote:I'm not suggesting that it was unique to Qui-Gon, but he annoyed me because he was constantly in front of us in TPM and preaching this shit while being a total sleaze. Then again Padme, the queen of a world with all the finances that entails didn't even consider freeing Anakin or Shmi for a second. She's 14 though but then she is also a queen so... eh. Everyone preached freedom and democracy but when confronted with two slaves they just went, "Ewwww, I'm not here for you!"
And no one thought to free Shmi Skywalker, mother of the savior of Naboo. The Jedi are pricks who don't care about anything except themselves and serving the Republic, but surely Padme who actually met Shmi could have rescued her? She's got a shiny fucking spaceship! I know I wouldn't be able to forget that family who provided me shelter and asked for nothing when I was in need of help. I know I would have an emotion after hearing that if these people tried to be "not-a-slave" they would blow-up *BOOM*.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote: except Windu, held by the Jedi themselves to be one of the greatest of their current number
This kind of brings up a pet peeve of mine regarding the movie. What the hell make one a great Jedi? I used to think it was saving lives defending the helpless, humanitarian aid, etc. All I got from the prequels is that a Jedi's greatness comes from the number of midichlorians in their blood. I feel that the Jedi will consider you great if you can control the Force better than your peers rather than how you use your power. Probably just a nitpick though.
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Actually, I got the sense from the PT that one's "greatness" as a Jedi was measured solely by how much ass one could kick... never mind all the preaching about positivity and peace.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

It seems like a different universe from the original trilogy where Yoda tells Luke, "Wars not make one great."
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

And then Yoda whipped out a lightsaber and went apeshit on Dooku. So much for that.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

For me, it should've always gone down like this.

"Whaddya think you are, a Jedi?"

snap-hiss. "Yes, I am. Now, then. For a reasonable price, you'll sell me the hyperdrive. And you'll throw in at no additional cost, that young boy, his mother and the droid. Oh, and credits WILL do."

*Cut to Anakin, Threepio and Shmi on the Naboo cruiser*
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:For me, it should've always gone down like this.

snap-hiss. "Yes, I am. Now, then. For a reasonable price, you'll sell me the hyperdrive. And you'll throw in at no additional cost, that young boy, his mother and the droid. Oh, and credits WILL do."

That would have made me a very happy person.

Could he have thrown Binks into the deal as well? Or would that be too dark side?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

stitch626 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:For me, it should've always gone down like this.

That would have made me a very happy person.

Could he have thrown Binks into the deal as well? Or would that be too dark side?
Sure, if you'd like. ;)
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

There are a few races that are not affected by "Jedi mind tricks" They seem to usually end up as sales or crime lords.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Why wouldn't they, they're the only people who could reliably keep secrets or not give deep, deep discounts to every random force sensitive that walks in the door. That said, Qui-Gonn trying to force the guy to take a worthless currency via mind-control is the same thing as robbing him so cut out the middle man and just rob him.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Jim wrote:There are a few races that are not affected by "Jedi mind tricks" They seem to usually end up as sales or crime lords.
Watto and Jabba. Good thing neither of those things are athletic enough to become assassins.
Stan - South Park
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

We are talking Disney here. Also the market didn't saturate with superhero films at one a year just from Marvel. I doubt you'll get saturation if you bring out a Star Wars film every year or two.
Should have gone more in depth with this.

If Star Wars just becomes an overarching theme tying everything together, not unlike Marvel, this could really work. Why? Do different things. Have a Oceans 11 type deal with Lando, then an action movie with Han, follow it up with something Jedi, then whip it back to someone like maybe Boba Fett and how the kid dealt with picking up his dad's helmet and having his head drop out of it. Don't just do Jedi, Jedi, Jedi, but spread it out over the canon with different styles of film all unified under the idea of being Star Wars.

You do that and I guarantee you'll be able to put out a movie a year to the cows come home without over saturating the market.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

In order of people who would make the best movies.

1) Mace Windu:- Light/Dark balance, fighter, smart, diplomat, power, respect. Samuel L Jackson

2) Quyi Gon:- Liam Neeson, rebel, fighter, rouge, alternate outlook.

3) Revan:- Long shot since the wider public doesnt know him but a great story.

Those you I dont want to see...

1) Yoda:- support character nothing more. His voice and speech would make me want to blow my head off after 30 minutes. Also to "nice".

2) Early Palpatine:- Yawn, to much hiding and cloak and dagger shit.

3) Droids:- Comic relief is not a main character.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:2) Early Palpatine:- Yawn, to much hiding and cloak and dagger shit.
Plus Palpatine's one of those characters who works best when we don't know his backstory.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I want to see a feature-length film about Skippy.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer