Disney Chief: More Star Wars 'Character' Movies on the Way

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Disney Chief: More Star Wars 'Character' Movies on the W

Post by Tyyr »

Hate to break it to ya... Revan is back in ToR (gender in game currently unknown as I have yet to complete the character that meets him/her).
Don't care. Not even a little. Besides, given the timeline of ToR that would seem to be bullshit and make Revan something like 350 years old. Not entirely shocking though, given how they seem to be panicking that it's not the next WoW they're looking for anything to attract people. "Hey, hey, it's Revan, remember Revan from that game you love!"
Wouldn't that mean that 80 played "him" as male? I know that's just an example, but that example would point to a Revan with junk.
No, it points to a percentage of the playerbase that played him as male and have every reason to think he's male. And hey, fine. You played Revan as male, you think he's male, great. It would have been incredibly simple to NEVER canonize a gender. Given that it's something that took place 4,000 years ago just leave it as a detail that's been lost. Does Revan's gender have any impact on KotOR II even with the added content? No. Did that book use Revan as anything more than a draw for a story about a totally different character? Nope. So what did canonizing anything about Revan benefit us... NOTHING!
You know, I agree 100% with all the reasons you give why SW canon is such a CF. Be that as it may...
Allow me to refer you to bullet points 1 and 2 at the finale of my rant.
Well, good thing for me I ignore the bits of canon I don't like.
Welcome to the club.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Disney Chief: More Star Wars 'Character' Movies on the W

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Heck, I do that for a lot of stuff I watch/read. Or i add in bits. It's the only way to survive being a Transformers fan. :bangwall: :happydevil: