Lucas Steps Down; Kathleen Kennedy in Charge

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Re: Lucas Steps Down; Kathleen Kennedy in Charge

Post by Granitehewer »

If I had the money I'd send Mikey and Deep a crate of my local 'Real Ales' from Bombardier and Spitfire to Hobgoblin, Riggwelter and Bishop's Finger.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I'm quite fond of "Old Peculiar" myself. That and "Black sheep" ale
Bite my shiny metal ass
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I've been to the Black Sheep brewery at Masham a few times as Teesside is close enough to indulge in some magical liquid expeditions ;-)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

In return, I'd send you some of my American craftbrewed faves - Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel, Anchor Steam, Harvest Moon Oatmeal Stout... mmm.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Spitfire I find a bit fizzy. Hobgobilin's good, but if I had the choice I'd go for Doombar every time
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I used to like Bananabread and Monty Python's Holy Ale.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Granitehewer wrote:If I had the money I'd send Mikey and Deep a crate of my local 'Real Ales' from Bombardier and Spitfire to Hobgoblin, Riggwelter and Bishop's Finger.
And I'd send you some real home made whiskey in return.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:
Granitehewer wrote:If I had the money I'd send Mikey and Deep a crate of my local 'Real Ales' from Bombardier and Spitfire to Hobgoblin, Riggwelter and Bishop's Finger.
And I'd send you some real home made whiskey in return.
I'll bet that some shit right there. I might even have to whip up a batch of some homemade espresso doppelbock.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Espresso... that gave me a good laugh right there.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

One beer I have discoved since living in NY is Blue Moon, a beautifully yeasty sweet beer quite unlike any other beer I've had.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:One beer I have discoved since living in NY is Blue Moon, a beautifully yeasty sweet beer quite unlike any other beer I've had.
Blue Moon is a very nice wheat beer, bottled traditionally mit hefe, but like all wheat beers is pretty much most enjoyable in hot weather. All said and done, I think Hacker-Pschorr makes a better wheat beer.
Deepcrush wrote:Espresso... that gave me a good laugh right there.
You may laugh, but the coffee flavor bends really well with the dark barley malts in a bock. Plus, I give it a decent extra shot of maltodextrin for a bit of extra alcohol and a body without the cidery taste that comes when you try to put in too much sugar.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:One beer I have discoved since living in NY is Blue Moon, a beautifully yeasty sweet beer quite unlike any other beer I've had.
Indeed, I think its the best beer I've had.
Mikey wrote:You may laugh, but the coffee flavor bends really well with the dark barley malts in a bock. Plus, I give it a decent extra shot of maltodextrin for a bit of extra alcohol and a body without the cidery taste that comes when you try to put in too much sugar.
You put as much effort in your drinking as a woman does getting dressed... :lol:

I'd much rather a lazy drink, something I don't have to mix five ways around in order to enjoy.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I do find it odd that everytime I order Bluemoon they give it with a slice of orange... never before had that with beer.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah, not sure why since most people don't eat it with the beer. Normally you just pass it off to a lady nearby you.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:You put as much effort in your drinking as a woman does getting dressed...

I'd much rather a lazy drink, something I don't have to mix five ways around in order to enjoy.
No, you're not getting it. I'm not talking about mixing drinks, I'm talking about brewing beer in my kitchen. The ground espresso goes into the wort (that's what they call the mash when you're making beer instead of whiskey) and the maltodextrin goes in in place of some of the sugar when you're making the stuff, not when you're getting ready to drink it. The only effort required to drink it is the act of pouring it into a glass from the jug (I haven't quite gotten around to bottling in glass with crown caps.)
Teaos wrote:I do find it odd that everytime I order Bluemoon they give it with a slice of orange... never before had that with beer.
Blue Moon is brewed with orange zest, as a bit of a twist on the traditional German method of serving wheat beer with a slice of lemon in the glass. I guess the idea is that since wheat beers are light and highly carbonated, they're meant for hot weather and a little citrus makes it more refreshing. I never found I needed it, but I've never been able to order a draft wheat without getting a slice of lemon in it.
as Bull offed Custer