Empire Strikes Back Deleted Scene

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Empire Strikes Back Deleted Scene

Post by Nutso »

I know some of you are both weary and wary about Star Wars, but I found this on io9.com and wanted to share with anyone who still has some interest in Star Wars. It's going to be on the Blu Ray release, so if you want to experience those features for the first time on your own terms, you should give this one a pass.

The clip is hosted on ew.com, so I can't post a direct link to the video. Here is the site: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/09/06/s ... ted-scene/
'Empire Strikes Back' deleted scene: You could cut Han and Leia's sexual tension with a lightsaber -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

Hoth. Where the weather is cold and the emotions run hot.

Especially those of Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and her ever scruffy paramour, Han Solo (Harrison Ford). At the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back, their hormones practically ricochet through the corridors of the Rebel Alliance’s ice planet hideout–abetted by “nerf-herder” name-calling, one unwittingly incestuous kiss, and even a threatened Wookiee make-out session. But ”I’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee”/”I can arrange that… You could use a good kiss!” wasn’t the original parting-shot in Han and Leia’s Echo Base lovers’ quarrel. In an early cut of the film, their squabble lasted much longer, and while that never-before-glimpsed deleted scene will be included on the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray (out Sept. 16), EW’s got it for you first.
What do you think? Good decision to cut?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Empire Strikes Back Deleted Scene

Post by Mikey »

Well, I still wouldn't call that "hot." It didn't have the humorous interplay we've come to expect, but it certainly was a bit more in-character.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Not... bad. I'd go either way with it being in or not.
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Moonshadow »

I think it would have been better to keep it in...adds a little more edge to the relationship between Han and Leia. Notches up the friction and tension just a tad more. I like it a LOT!
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I like it and it would bookend the "I love you" "I know" interaction later in the movie.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It is a bit more sexual but it seems less character for them. Im glad they didnt use this cut.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu