Ship of the Week 2 : Acclamator Class

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ship of the Week 2 : Acclamator Class

Post by Deepcrush »

The Databank states the Gunships specifically then mentions the AT-TEs and their transports. This leads me to believe that the AT-TE carriers were counted separately from the Gunships.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:Hmm. OK, I wasn't sure if there were other drop ships or if the Acc performed a conventional landing. I suppose it would make one hell of a forward command post, though. ;)
With the amount of fire power she would put planet side, I pity anyone or anything stupid enough to come within weapon range. Even more so if there are several of these things landing together.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:The Databank states the Gunships specifically then mentions the AT-TEs and their transports.
No it doesn't.
Databank wrote:The Republic assault ship can carry four dozen AT-TEs, three dozen SPHA-Ts, 320 speeder bikes, 80 Republic gunships, and 16,000 clone troopers.
No mention of the LAAT/cs.
Deepcrush wrote:With the amount of fire power she would put planet side, I pity anyone or anything stupid enough to come within weapon range. Even more so if there are several of these things landing together.

With the amount of firepower she can throw around, I'd been nervous about using the big guns for fire support. Melting your LZ wouldn't be very helpful.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I sort of remembering that these ships having 200 gigaton turbolasers. Where did this come from?

Sort of overkill if the ships were meant for bombardment though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They also have their smaller AA lasers which would be just fine for defending the LZ.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:I sort of remembering that these ships having 200 gigaton turbolasers. Where did this come from?
The AotC ICS.
Sort of overkill if the ships were meant for bombardment though.
That depends on what your objective is. Quite apart from their potential use against lightweight theatre shields, the Accies were also used to BDZ deeply entrenched armies on worlds that weren't worth capturing but couldn't be left in CIS hands.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:They also have their smaller AA lasers which would be just fine for defending the LZ.
True enough, but even low-Mt range would restrict their effectiveness as fire support.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

ICS? So... a kiddie book?

Interesting

AA lasers in the low MT range seems abit much too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:They also have their smaller AA lasers which would be just fine for defending the LZ.
True enough, but even low-Mt range would restrict their effectiveness as fire support.
Shouldn't be hard to turn down the settings on the weapons.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:ICS? So... a kiddie book?
Pretty pictures for the kiddies and lots of juicy numbers for the techies. :)
AA lasers in the low MT range seems abit much too.
Their firepower is derived directly from the Avenger's pot shots asteroids and the Falcon in ESB. It's what's needed to take on starfighters and light attack ships, although against the heavier end of that range they're not very effective. The Falcon took at least one hit from one the Avenger's point defence guns and shrugged it off.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Shouldn't be hard to turn down the settings on the weapons.
Again, very true.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I remembering reading about the pop shot at asteriod article. I remembering that it was estimated to be in the mid-kilotons not megatons. Granted it is the lowest you can go to do that so it would be higher.

That and I thought those were turbolasers not AA lasers?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

If those shots were fired from an ISD then they were TLs and not LCs.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:I remembering reading about the pop shot at asteriod article. I remembering that it was estimated to be in the mid-kilotons not megatons. Granted it is the lowest you can go to do that so it would be higher.
The asteroid vaporisation figures are highly conservative lower limits. The shot of the MF being hit produces a lower limit of 3.5Mt, with the assumption that the Falcon isn't doing anything to counteract the rotation.
That and I thought those were turbolasers not AA lasers?
The line between light TLs and capship-mounted heavy laser cannon appears to be somewhat blurred in terms of firepower.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

How was the hit against the MF calculated? Can you show me a source?