Red Letter Media Reviews Star Wars Episode III

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Red Letter Media Reviews Star Wars Episode III

Post by Nutso »

http://www.redlettermedia.com/sith.html This is from Mr. Plinkett's own site. All three parts are here and each part is over 30 minutes long.
His prologue resonates with me. :cry:
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Red Letter Media Reviews Star Wars Episode III

Post by Tyyr »

Actually it's well over an hour.

He's got an interesting point about how the whole thing is disjointed and just doesn't seem to know what it wants to do... and how fucking obvious it was that Anakin was seriously messed up that even a non-force user could notice it.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I saw a review, can't remember if it was this one, that zeroed in on Padme's "Oh Annakin, you've changed!" line. Changed how, exactly? In Episode 2 he TOLD her that everybody should be forced to live under one strong leader. In episode 2 he TOLD her that he'd just slaughtered a bunch of helpless women and children. In Episode 2 he constantly complained that everyone was trying to keep him down and he wanted more power. Annakin was absolutely consistent in the type of person he was throughout Ep 2 and 3, it's just that it was convenient for the plot for everybody to ignore it or make excuses for it up until now.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I saw a review, can't remember if it was this one, that zeroed in on Padme's "Oh Annakin, you've changed!" line. Changed how, exactly? In Episode 2 he TOLD her that everybody should be forced to live under one strong leader. In episode 2 he TOLD her that he'd just slaughtered a bunch of helpless women and children. In Episode 2 he constantly complained that everyone was trying to keep him down and he wanted more power. Annakin was absolutely consistent in the type of person he was throughout Ep 2 and 3, it's just that it was convenient for the plot for everybody to ignore it or make excuses for it up until now.
That sounds like Confused Matthew.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

There's only so many ways to point out the same gaping plot holes and errors in logic, to be fair.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:That sounds like Confused Matthew.
Could well have been, I rather like CM.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

As do I, I personally like Confused Matthew, not so much Red Letter Media, his voice puts me to sleep.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I gotta say though, I thought CM's 2001 review was utter tripe. And the fact that he kept on dissing 2001 through most of his 2010 review annoyed me, too.