RedLetterMedia - Attack of the Clones Review

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: RedLetterMedia - Attack of the Clones Review

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Having a creepy Skeletor hand....oh wait, we're passed that bit."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

If his reviews were a little longer they'd pretty much serve as an alternative to the directors comentary.

Can't see the studios including it on the DVD's though.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'd pay for it though, hell I'd pay full price for a copy of the prequels with his commentary on it.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Anyone else get the impression that he's poking fun at the obsessive SW fan stereotype with his role of a fat, serial killer obsessed with a sci-fi movie? You know, the kinda guy that compares folks that don't like the PT to the Teabaggers?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

...the feeling? That's uhh... kinda hard to miss Kendall.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one, especially if I spend too much time on SDN.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

"Excellent. I must now change my pantaloons, it appears I have shat myself."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

How did you guys feel when you saw the Yoda fight scene?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

That it was dumb.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The first couple of times I thought it was pretty cool, but after that I started feeling it was a bit ridiculous looking.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Hey, I'm not going to lie: I like the prequel trilogy. Is it better than the original trilogy? No. I still enjoy it, as dumb as it is.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Hey, I'm not going to lie: I like the prequel trilogy. Is it better than the original trilogy? No. I still enjoy it, as dumb as it is.
I actually find myself liking them less and less with each viewing. I think a big part of the problem with them is they really don't stand well on their own. They really only have any meaning by being the prequel to the original trilogy.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Because I've absolutely nothing better to do, here's a brief rundown on my view of the PT.

For the most part I strongly dislike TPM. The only redeeming bits are seeing Palpatine's first steps to power, and that's hardly enough to salvage it. I also liked Qui-Gon as a character. He seemed to more or less personify what a Jedi should be - someone who's sympathetic to others and isn't afraid of giving the rules the finger to help the downtrodden.

AOTC was...better. But that can hardly be considered praise. It's dragged down by the awful romance subplot and some other stuff, but it's at least tolerable. Obi-Wan's investigation sub-plot isn't too bad, and we at least get a big SFXgasm at the end. It also had Christopher Lee, which automaticaly brings it up a peg. Just make sure you have your hand hovering over the skip scene button on your remote every time the movie cuts away to Naboo or Tatooine.

ROTS was pretty alright. The big battle at the start is nice, though far too short and uninvolving and with some serious WTF moments. The Anakin/Padme scenes are still pretty awful, but they're at least better than in AOTC. Grievous is.....meh, but at least he gets the plot moving. Order 66 is a great scene, with the music for that scene being probably the best track of the entire PT soundtrack. Yoda/Palpatine is alright, though nothing spectacular. Vader/Obi-Wan is visualy impressive, but just gets ludicrous at times, as it was clear that everyone in the choreography department was trying desperately to make it the most memorable fight of the entire series. Everything's wrapped up nicely (Well almost, what the fuck do you mean she's lost the will to live? Jesus.) and we're set on track for the OT.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tut, tut - you've missed out the best part of the PT. Ian McDiarmid doing his best Francis Urquhart impression. 8)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Captain Seafort wrote:Tut, tut - you've missed out the best part of the PT. Ian McDiarmid doing his best Francis Urquhart impression. 8)
You may well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."