RedLetterMedia - Attack of the Clones Review

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: RedLetterMedia - Attack of the Clones Review

Post by Nutso »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Because I've absolutely nothing better to do, here's a brief rundown on my view of the PT.

For the most part I strongly dislike TPM. The only redeeming bits are seeing Palpatine's first steps to power, and that's hardly enough to salvage it. I also liked Qui-Gon as a character. He seemed to more or less personify what a Jedi should be - someone who's sympathetic to others and isn't afraid of giving the rules the finger to help the downtrodden.

AOTC was...better. But that can hardly be considered praise. It's dragged down by the awful romance subplot and some other stuff, but it's at least tolerable. Obi-Wan's investigation sub-plot isn't too bad, and we at least get a big SFXgasm at the end. It also had Christopher Lee, which automaticaly brings it up a peg. Just make sure you have your hand hovering over the skip scene button on your remote every time the movie cuts away to Naboo or Tatooine.

ROTS was pretty alright. The big battle at the start is nice, though far too short and uninvolving and with some serious WTF moments. The Anakin/Padme scenes are still pretty awful, but they're at least better than in AOTC. Grievous is.....meh, but at least he gets the plot moving. Order 66 is a great scene, with the music for that scene being probably the best track of the entire PT soundtrack. Yoda/Palpatine is alright, though nothing spectacular. Vader/Obi-Wan is visualy impressive, but just gets ludicrous at times, as it was clear that everyone in the choreography department was trying desperately to make it the most memorable fight of the entire series. Everything's wrapped up nicely (Well almost, what the f**k do you mean she's lost the will to live? Jesus.) and we're set on track for the OT.
I would rather watch TPM than AoTC. AoTC's romancing scenes and dialog are so horrible, I prefer Jar-Jar Binks. I was actually wincing as RedLetterMedia's review was going over Anakin romancing Padme.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm really simple when it comes to the PT. I despise most of it that involves Anakin, Padme, or Jar Jar. The plot moments outside of them arent bad, and the fights redeem it somewhat purely for the eyecandy.

But OT FAR FAR FAR outweighs it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nutso wrote:I would rather watch TPM than AoTC. AoTC's romancing scenes and dialog are so horrible, I prefer Jar-Jar Binks. I was actually wincing as RedLetterMedia's review was going over Anakin romancing Padme.
Personaly I rate which one is worse by how often I hit the skip scene button when I'm watching it. And there are a lot more such instances for me when I'm watching TPM than AOTC.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sionnach Glic wrote:The first couple of times I thought it was pretty cool, but after that I started feeling it was a bit ridiculous looking.
I will agree with that. When I first saw it I thought it was awesome, but the more I watch it the more I wonder how some the size of a two year old with a lightsaber that could double as a toothpick is any challenge to someone equally as skilled in the force but with two or three times the reach.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Sionnach Glic wrote:
Nutso wrote:I would rather watch TPM than AoTC. AoTC's romancing scenes and dialog are so horrible, I prefer Jar-Jar Binks. I was actually wincing as RedLetterMedia's review was going over Anakin romancing Padme.
Personaly I rate which one is worse by how often I hit the skip scene button when I'm watching it. And there are a lot more such instances for me when I'm watching TPM than AOTC.
I do the same thing. I was surprised how little of AoTC I fully watched in comparison to TPM.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park