The Inevitable Canon Debate

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: The Inevitable Canon Debate

Post by Deepcrush »

Deepcrush wrote:Damnit Tyyr you're gonna ruin it!!!
Seems I was wrong, he's still biting... :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Tyyr wrote:
DSG2k wrote:time vampire.
It only works when you're dumb enough to waste the time responding.

Which is apparently every single time.
I'm just trying to goad your pals into actually posting an argument, rather than just disagreeing and lying in an attempt to troll.

My basis for doing so is the following:

"No Spamming, and no trolling. We aren't interested in people who want to start flame wars {...}"

"We expect at least a reasonable level maturity from the members of this board. This means we expect members to be able to interact in a civilized adult manner; disagreements are to be settled with reasoned debate or with members bowing out of the debate. You are welcome to debate and more to the point, not debate, any issues you wish on the board so long as they fall within the greater rules. How ever if you do enter into a debate it is up to you to conduct yourself accordingly. While insults and flames are allowed, although not particularly liked, you should at least have some bases for them "You're stupid for thinking that" is ok, while "Your stupid" is not."

"If you are in a debate with other members on the board, then it is expected that you will debate in an honest and rational way. Reply to your opponent's points, supply evidence for your claims, do not lie and do not answer some of your opponent's points while ignoring others. You should also not deliberately misquote, or selectively quote someone so as to make them to appear to agree with a point they don't. Most importantly, you must be prepared to lose. Going into a debate and rejecting any possibility of defeat is just going to lead to flames and hostility for all involved. If you are beaten in a debate: accept it and admit it.

Everyone loses sometimes; we will not think less of you for losing. We will think less of you for being dishonest about it."

Indeed.

Granted, last time I demanded evidence of your same little gang the thread got closed, but I can at least try to follow the rules and guidelines as written, and I can expect the same of you. Whether or not that'll actually happen (or more correctly, whether anything will come of it when you fail) is another matter.

The simple fact is that if you can't make an argument and won't even try, yet persist in trolling the thread by disagreeing simply to do so, then once again we have a situation where any objective observer would recognize that I have clearly defeated you. Indeed, I think that point passed a couple of pages ago, but I'm giving the opportunity for you to at least pretend you aren't a worthless poster trying only to troll and disrupt. (To translate, you've lost horribly again, which is why you've ramped up the insults again, but I'm giving you one more try. I'm generous like that.)

So what's it gonna be? Are you guys gonna take this one more chance to make a case, or are you going to admit defeat, or are you gonna just keep trolling? You can all gather together and discuss it by PM and coordinate your effort to make a case if you need to, which you probably do . . . don't worry, I'll keep waiting on the lot of you, just as I've been waiting on Deep.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Deepcrush wrote:Seems I was wrong, he's still biting... :lol:
Very very hard.
DSG2k wrote:
Tyyr wrote:
DSG2k wrote:time vampire.
It only works when you're dumb enough to waste the time responding.

Which is apparently every single time.
I'm just trying to goad your pals into actually posting an argument, rather than just disagreeing and lying in an attempt to troll.

My basis for doing so is the following:

"No Spamming, and no trolling. We aren't interested in people who want to start flame wars {...}"

"We expect at least a reasonable level maturity from the members of this board. This means we expect members to be able to interact in a civilized adult manner; disagreements are to be settled with reasoned debate or with members bowing out of the debate. You are welcome to debate and more to the point, not debate, any issues you wish on the board so long as they fall within the greater rules. How ever if you do enter into a debate it is up to you to conduct yourself accordingly. While insults and flames are allowed, although not particularly liked, you should at least have some bases for them "You're stupid for thinking that" is ok, while "Your stupid" is not."

"If you are in a debate with other members on the board, then it is expected that you will debate in an honest and rational way. Reply to your opponent's points, supply evidence for your claims, do not lie and do not answer some of your opponent's points while ignoring others. You should also not deliberately misquote, or selectively quote someone so as to make them to appear to agree with a point they don't. Most importantly, you must be prepared to lose. Going into a debate and rejecting any possibility of defeat is just going to lead to flames and hostility for all involved. If you are beaten in a debate: accept it and admit it.

Everyone loses sometimes; we will not think less of you for losing. We will think less of you for being dishonest about it."

Indeed.

Granted, last time I demanded evidence of your same little gang the thread got closed, but I can at least try to follow the rules and guidelines as written, and I can expect the same of you. Whether or not that'll actually happen (or more correctly, whether anything will come of it when you fail) is another matter.

The simple fact is that if you can't make an argument and won't even try, yet persist in trolling the thread by disagreeing simply to do so, then once again we have a situation where any objective observer would recognize that I have clearly defeated you. Indeed, I think that point passed a couple of pages ago, but I'm giving the opportunity for you to at least pretend you aren't a worthless poster trying only to troll and disrupt. (To translate, you've lost horribly again, which is why you've ramped up the insults again, but I'm giving you one more try. I'm generous like that.)

So what's it gonna be? Are you guys gonna take this one more chance to make a case, or are you going to admit defeat, or are you gonna just keep trolling? You can all gather together and discuss it by PM and coordinate your effort to make a case if you need to, which you probably do . . . don't worry, I'll keep waiting on the lot of you, just as I've been waiting on Deep.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey, don't wait on me. I'm not a part of the debate. I just have fun pissing on stupid people and you're just feeding the flames! :lol:

The whole "SW doesn't count as SW unless its the SW that you like" is just prime target for me to laugh at. You may not like it, but since you don't really matter in anything I don't see that I have to care. Not that I would anyways, just pointing it out is all.

Was that to long winded?
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Deepcrush wrote:Hey, don't wait on me. I'm not a part of the debate. I just have fun pissing on stupid people and you're just feeding the flames! :lol:

The whole "SW doesn't count as SW unless its the SW that you like" is just prime target for me to laugh at. You may not like it, but since you don't really matter in anything I don't see that I have to care. Not that I would anyways, just pointing it out is all.

Was that to long winded?
So you're an admitted troll, then, one who compounds his trolling by utterly lying about my position.

Very good, then. Glad you could be honest, if even only long enough to admit that you're a troll.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

If you twist those your bull just a little more... I'm sure you could find somewhere in my statement where I talked about my love of the french and my respect of you... :laughroll:
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

This post was made by Deepcrush who is currently on your ignore list.
Ah, that's better. :wave:

Kendall, Tyyr . . . shape up.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:laughroll:

Oh, I guess he's a mod now!
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

And by shape up I assume you mean accept your interpretations of things as hard irrefutable facts?

Nope.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay... I'm gonna go write fanfic now. I've lost track of the debate. I never really cared too much about the debate except when my words got twisted.

And for the record... my highest canon? The Young Jedi Knights series. Higher than the OT. Higher than Lucas.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tyyr wrote:And by shape up I assume you mean accept your interpretations of things as hard irrefutable facts?

Nope.
No, by shape up he means stop arguing with him because you're ruining his delusions. Since we all know that the best place to act like an idiot is within reach of me... :lol:
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And for the record... my highest canon? The Young Jedi Knights series. Higher than the OT. Higher than Lucas.
No way . . . it's gotta be the Holiday Special, all the way! ;)
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Tyyr wrote:And by shape up I assume you mean accept your interpretations of things as hard irrefutable facts?
No, it means that if you are disagreeing or insulting me or both, without posting any argument or position in response to mine, then you are merely being a troll and time vampire and I'll simply throw you on the ignore list. Deepcrush at least had the honesty to admit he was merely trolling . . . he did so in the TOS thread, too, which is when I first attracted him as someone who found trolling annoying, but I did not ignore him then. Now, though, he's on my iggy list.

Considering the useless insulting posts of you and Kendall, who have both been pursuing me in other threads since the TOS thread (though you're both well-behaved now in the thread with Graham, which I find amusing), I was simply making the point that you could also be placed on my ignore list. I know you probably don't care, but it's the best I can personally do against those who are, to my reading, local policy violators.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

This boy is a good piece of work isn't he... :lol:

We break policy by disagreeing with him. :laughroll:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Alright, this thread has been going downhill for long enough. Consider it locked.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"