What If Vader Had Survived?

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What If Vader Had Survived?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Kinda good for Luke's Order that a lot of his students are adults and don't necessarily need the Force to be able to function.
They'd probably still need it in combat. Luke certainly does. People like Horn and Katarn probably less so given that they had combat training before they joined the order, but most of the others would probably have little or no idea how to react if they were cut off.
Not too sure about it. Luke still kicked ass in the Thrawn Trilogy when stripped of the Force on Myrkr. Tenel Ka has specifically trained herself to function without the Force, too.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Not too sure about it. Luke still kicked ass in the Thrawn Trilogy when stripped of the Force on Myrkr. Tenel Ka has specifically trained herself to function without the Force, too.
He survived, he hardly kicked ass. Moreover, he'd only been a Jedi for five years at that point. I'm referring to his comment a few years later that the effect of operating within a Ysalamir's field was worse than losing a limb.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Not too sure about it. Luke still kicked ass in the Thrawn Trilogy when stripped of the Force on Myrkr. Tenel Ka has specifically trained herself to function without the Force, too.
He survived, he hardly kicked ass. Moreover, he'd only been a Jedi for five years at that point. I'm referring to his comment a few years later that the effect of operating within a Ysalamir's field was worse than losing a limb.
I'd say wiping out a stormtrooper contingent like he did qualified as ass-kicking. ;)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'd say wiping out a stormtrooper contingent like he did qualified as ass-kicking. ;)
IIRC he used explosives to drop a big column on most of them. A neat trick, but hardly requiring the sort of reflexes that a swordfight involves.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.