Clone Wars season 2 [spoilers]

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Clone Wars season 2 [spoilers]

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:Almost? Between the Mando-wanking, incompetence regarding all things military and various death threats, that bloody woman irritates me almost as much as the Chakat did. Nonetheless, even as it stands this episode sounds like the biggest poke in the eye anyone's had for the best part of a millennia. :lol:
Well, everything about her wanking could've been retconned. Then it would've been the best type.

"Three quntillion clones in the Outer Rims" or something along those lines.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Or maybe "that place is useless dirtball in the back end of nowhere - we can only spare three million clones for it's defence".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

If the army are all Clones of Jango, couldn't they just do a DNA test to see if he was Mandalorian? Or get Jerry Springer to do it?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Most of the Mandalorians in the episode weren't quite human. They seemed to have longer necks than normal, be taller and a bit more reedy. I think Jango would have looked distinctly odd amongst them.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Don't know if it counts or not but in the original Star Wars: RPG....it WAS stated that at least Boba Fett looted his armor. If Boba is Jango's clone, and Jango WAS a Mando.......why go and steal his own armor?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Back in Ye Olden Dayes of SW, Fett was just a very good bounty hunter who had found some armour from a long dead warrior race called the Mandalorians and had started wearing it to enhance his own mystique. It took quite a while for today's vision of Fett being some awesome bad-ass to come about.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Sionnach Glic wrote:It took quite a while for today's vision of Fett being some awesome bad-ass to come about.
I wouldn't say it took very long at all - that he gave Vader so much back-chat says a lot, as does the fact that he wasn't summarily strangled for it. Plus, he lasted the longest of any of Jabba's hired goons in the battle on the skiff, and definitely gave Luke the most problems.

The trouble with Fett is that "badass who can cause even a Jedi problems" has been exaggerated into "stands more than snowball's chance in hell against said Jedi", even before Traviss' "can wipe the floor with Jedi" idiocy turned up.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Captain Seafort wrote:I wouldn't say it took very long at all - that he gave Vader so much back-chat says a lot, as does the fact that he wasn't summarily strangled for it.
And that's the truth of it. I can only recall one other guy who gave Vader lip and didn't get choked for it. He wasn't wearing badass armor though.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I can think of at least three - however the other two had lightsabres.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I don't mind if non-Force sensitives kill Jedi or Sith. otherwise, it'd be kinda boring. What happened with Boba and the Mandos was beyond the pale.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Back in Ye Olden Dayes of SW, Fett was just a very good bounty hunter who had found some armour from a long dead warrior race called the Mandalorians and had started wearing it to enhance his own mystique. It took quite a while for today's vision of Fett being some awesome bad-ass to come about.
Out of my own curiosity, and the fact that I'm never going to read the other SW-EU books, how did he escape the Saarlac?
Captain Seafort wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:It took quite a while for today's vision of Fett being some awesome bad-ass to come about.
I wouldn't say it took very long at all - that he gave Vader so much back-chat says a lot,
When was this? As far as I know all he does is nod when told "no disintegration" and says something about "he's worth nothing to me dead" or something like that. Or is that it?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:Back in Ye Olden Dayes of SW, Fett was just a very good bounty hunter who had found some armour from a long dead warrior race called the Mandalorians and had started wearing it to enhance his own mystique. It took quite a while for today's vision of Fett being some awesome bad-ass to come about.
Out of my own curiosity, and the fact that I'm never going to read the other SW-EU books, how did he escape the Saarlac?
Captain Seafort wrote:
I wouldn't say it took very long at all - that he gave Vader so much back-chat says a lot,
When was this? As far as I know all he does is nod when told "no disintegration" and says something about "he's worth nothing to me dead" or something like that. Or is that it?
He escaped the Sarlacc because he was still in his armor and fully armed, IIRC. he crawled out covered in burns, but alive and was picked up by Dengar.

It's the fact that Vader singled him out to tell him and be backtalked a Sith lord without getting TK-garroted are the main points, there.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

He destroyed most of that armor as well IIRC when he detonated his grenade launcher point black to kill the Saarlac
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

He used a thermal detonator to kill the Sarlaac, and crawled out of it once it had died.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:I wouldn't say it took very long at all - that he gave Vader so much back-chat says a lot, as does the fact that he wasn't summarily strangled for it.
And that's the truth of it. I can only recall one other guy who gave Vader lip and didn't get choked for it. He wasn't wearing badass armor though.
Would that be the dude in the hall way in ANH saying "Holding her is dangerous" and such?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."