Old Republic (MMO Setting)

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Old Republic (MMO Setting)

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:Pretty flippin' cool.
Agreed. That sequence was more inspired and intense than a lot of what we got in the prequel trilogy.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That could have made a good movie... if it was longer and contained a wonderful plot of course.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Damn, but that's a sweet trailer. Especially liked the female mandalorian, for various reasons...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Just awesome overall, especially seeing so many Sith at once.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

That really looks nice.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:While 300 years is enough time to rebuild even the lowest armies I'm irritated that it has introduced not just one previously unknown Galactic War but two (As the MMO will surely be one). I mean Deep, SSM, has anyone ever heard of this Sith War they're talking about in the game? I'm not too much against it but back when I read the books there was the Hyperspace Wars and the Sith War. Now there's like two dozen wars in the Old Republic that I know very little about. Its frustrating :p
Sorry for the long wait. I've heard rumors that LucasTM is going to be updating its History of the Galactic Republic some time in 2010. This will include several new conflicts for authors and game makers to work with. So for now, there will be some things coming out that have no Canon back round. This war will be one of them I'm guessing. As for now, I don't know much of anything about this new conflict.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

That'll be cool. And yeah they don't have to play out any specifics for now but maybe putting in a 100 conflicts with a very vague idea of what they were would inspire game makers and authors for years to come.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm thinking thats the very idea they are running with. Of course they have a year and a half to change their minds so its not set in stone by any means.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

We're also talking about conflicts thousands of years in the past. Do you really think we've heard of every war, even the major ones, in the tens of millennia of the history of the Old Republic?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True, much like 40k, there could be whole systems or even sectors wiped out of existence and we may never even know about it.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tyyr wrote:We're also talking about conflicts thousands of years in the past. Do you really think we've heard of every war, even the major ones, in the tens of millennia of the history of the Old Republic?
Oh I agree. My problem isn't that they keep making up wars. Its an irritation on having thought I knew all the major wars and having a new one sprung up. The fact its there isn't a problem with me its the fact that I don't follow SW EU too much anymore and its annoying to have to relearn everything :P
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I wouldn't worry to much about having to relearn anything. The most likely thing they'll do is just add some new stuff in. So just add that to what you know already.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

I've been going over information about this. The Sith and the Republic are basically on equal footing on territory now. The Sith Empire is lead by a surviving Sith Lord from the Great Hyperspace War, and they strong armed for peace for the 'Treaty of Coruscant', that's why they sacked the city planet in the opening of that trailer.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm just shocked that -
A, the Sith managed to not only attack the Capital World of the Republic so easily.
B, The Republic didn't see that coming... Its the Sith for God's sake... :roll:
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It's the Republic. They had a Sith Lord for a Chancellor an nobody caught on.