Ashoka Tano's Fate

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ashoka Tano's Fate

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fair point on Palpatine.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Hmmm... I agree that it would make more sense for her to be alive, perhaps a Knight.

I just think her dying would make for a logical path for Anakin to eventually become Darth Vader.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Or a final act of damnnation, should he slay her himself later.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

McAvoy wrote:Hmmm... I agree that it would make more sense for her to be alive, perhaps a Knight.
Too soon.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Normally, yes. But the Jedi are in the midst of an incredibly destructive war, with many Knights and Masters being killed. It wouldn't surprise me if they started boosting people up through the ranks quicker than they normally would.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Have to replace your losses, so that makes sense.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well she's already stated as being young for a padawan.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Normally, yes. But the Jedi are in the midst of an incredibly destructive war, with many Knights and Masters being killed. It wouldn't surprise me if they started boosting people up through the ranks quicker than they normally would.
It makes sense but to promote a padawan to a knight is not going to improve his/her perfomance, it's only a name, unless the point in doing so is to give them independence of their masters or make them generals (Padawans are commaders and jedis are generals right?)
On second thought, would've more sense if you want more knights to take care of the padawans so the will leave the temple and engage in battle.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Promoting Padawans faster would leave more Knights free to fight, and more Knights free to train (for however briefly) new Padawans.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I'm with the opinion that Tano dies some time before SW3. Though, since TCW is made largely with children in mind, I doubt we would ever see it on screen.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

We saw clone troopers burning geonosians alive with flame throwers then shooting the defenseless screaming "survivors" in the head with pistols afterwards. I think the whole, "kiddy show" thing is sort of on the outs.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, but they're evil insect aliens.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tyyr wrote:We saw clone troopers burning geonosians alive with flame throwers then shooting the defenseless screaming "survivors" in the head with pistols afterwards. I think the whole, "kiddy show" thing is sort of on the outs.
Seriously? Holy shit.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

That was my reaction when they did it.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Yeah, but Tano is a main character, and a child.

Wasn't SW3's PG-13 rating due largely to the scene involving Anakin, a child, and a lightsaber?
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk