:Drool1:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Favorite Designs: Ships

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thirded. :Drool2:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

...who at the time the movie was made was about 14 or 15.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:laughroll:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:...who at the time the movie was made was about 14 or 15.
And I was 17. So...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So was I... plus, she's not 14 anymore!!!!
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

She was 15.
Don't forget Heather Graham.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SomosFuga wrote:Don't forget Heather Graham.
True enough, though personally I like Lacey Chabert much much much better... :mrgreen:
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

The only thing i don't like about the ARC-170 is the large crew, 3 clones plus an astrodroid, too much for a fighter IMO;
the B-Wing and the TIE Defender had only one pilot.

The TIE Defender, as most of the TIEs, has a quite odd shape and very big profile, looks easy to hit and hard to shield or armour.

The B-Wing it's allegedly hard to fly (according to Wookieepedia) but that was fixed with the B-wing/E adding a gunner.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SomosFuga wrote:The only thing i don't like about the ARC-170 is the large crew, 3 clones plus an astrodroid, too much for a fighter IMO; the B-Wing and the TIE Defender had only one pilot.
The ARC-170 was just a bad ship altogether. Two medium forward cannon and a warhead launcher at the cost of the craft and THREE crew. The X-Wing had four medium cannon and two warhead launchers for a single crew and ship. The Y-Wing (film wise as there were so many variants) has two medium/heavy cannon plus a two warhead launchers plus an Ion cannon. The Arc was just a bad ship, period.
SomosFuga wrote:The TIE Defender, as most of the TIEs, has a quite odd shape and very big profile, looks easy to hit and hard to shield or armour.
The power wasn't so much how long the TIE Defender could last but how long anyone else could last against her. The sheer amount of fire that thing could lay down on a target is INSANE to put it lightly.
SomosFuga wrote:The B-Wing it's allegedly hard to fly (according to Wookieepedia) but that was fixed with the B-wing/E adding a gunner.
My guess would be that the biggest problem with the B-Wing is that there has never been a fighter like that. The whole system was brand new. Pilots of the Alliance and later the New Republic were used to flying models based of the Y-Wing controls.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I suspect the ARC-170 would have been a decent fighter if it had been employed in it's intended role; recce and deep strike operations. Why they were using it in the furball over Coruscant is beyond me. :roll:
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I suspect the ARC-170 would have been a decent fighter if it had been employed in it's intended role; recce and deep strike operations. Why they were using it in the furball over Coruscant is beyond me. :roll:
Because Lucas doesn't know military? If it were up to him, while filming a World War II movie based in the South Pacific, he'd probably make SBD Dive Bombers and TBF Avengers into fighter aircraft.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote: Because Lucas doesn't know military? If it were up to him, while filming a World War II movie based in the South Pacific, he'd probably make SBD Dive Bombers and TBF Avengers into fighter aircraft.
Well I was looking for an IU explanation but you are correct and that's been obvious since TESB.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I suspect the ARC-170 would have been a decent fighter if it had been employed in it's intended role; recce and deep strike operations. Why they were using it in the furball over Coruscant is beyond me. :roll:
Sorry but for me the whole craft is a waste. There is nothing that ship does that can't be done by other more effective and cheaper ships.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:
Sorry but for me the whole craft is a waste. There is nothing that ship does that can't be done by other more effective and cheaper ships.
*shrug* Maybe the Republic suffered from pork barrel spending.