You Crush the Yuuzhan Vong

SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

You Crush the Yuuzhan Vong

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

You're put in charge of the New Republic in 25 ABY. You know the threat that the Vong present. What do you do to absolutely crush them?
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: You Crush the Yuuzhan Vong

Post by Coalition »

World Devastators, Death Stars, Droid systems, and overall industrialization.

When the YV arrive, they will be buried under self-replicating Warships (World Devastators), their Worldships will be blasted from afar (Death Stars), their fighters and troops will be attacked by unfeeling warriors (droids), and I will be able to replace all of it in a few months if it is destroyed (industrialization).

Well, the Death Star will take longer, so I might have to start a couple dozen of those ahead of time.

Edit - The tech belongs to the GE, but I doubt they'd have a problem with a massive military and industrial buildup against a known threat. It lets them look like heroes if they choose to lead it, and if some refuse I can channel the multi-fortune contracts to someone else. I'd have to train the GE personnel, but the NR will be the ones building the ships.

My main problem is dealing with any YV infiltrators (Nom Anor), and the fallout from that. IIRC, Nom Anor's goal was to keep the NR off-balance by keeping lots of little wars going, so I will need Jedi and similar to keep those down to a mild simmer.

Afterwards - the World Devastators will be used for mobile infrastructure and industry, the Death Stars will be used in case of evacuation/aid due to planetary disaster, the droid systems means I can shut down my military and not have to worry about hundreds of trillions of jobless claims (and they won't lose their combat capabilities), while the overall industrialization means higher standard of living for the galaxy as a whole.
Last edited by Coalition on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

...note I said NEW REPUBLIC, not Galactic Empire.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The New Republic is just the Empire under new rulership. They have the same planets, the same tech.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

stitch626 wrote:The New Republic is just the Empire under new rulership. They have the same planets, the same tech.
Yet they have different policies. The New Republic DOESN'T create Superweapons. The scenario here is you have to make do with what the NR already had.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The New Republic didn't create super weapons under the leadership they had. There is absolutely nothing stopping someone from saying "we are facing this dangerous threat. Lets make superweapons". The tech was already there. The knowledge was already there.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

stitch626 wrote:The New Republic didn't create super weapons under the leadership they had. There is absolutely nothing stopping someone from saying "we are facing this dangerous threat. Lets make superweapons". The tech was already there. The knowledge was already there.
Let me clarrify-no Superweapon usage or building on the New Republic side. Your the leader, you have to make due with what you have, IE, the Fleets and Army of the New Republic.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

So, we can only use existing ships, we can't build more? Talk about major limitations.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

stitch626 wrote:So, we can only use existing ships, we can't build more? Talk about major limitations.
You CAN build more ships, but no Superweapons. None.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Only problem with the plan is that requires prior notice of what the Yuuzhan Vong are. I don't think the Republic's first response was that bad against the Praetor Vong. But after the heavy losses they should have put their forces on full alert and begun mobilization in case the Jedi's warnings were true. The New Republic's strategies as a whole weren't horrible when you consider no prior knowledge. Sure there were tactical mistakes but that is what happens when faced with a completely unknown enemy.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Why exactly are we prevented from building superweapons?
Also, does a SSD count as a superweapon?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SSDs were counted as "Superships but later reconned into battleships for the NR era. So, since this is the NR, SSDs do not count as super weapons. In fact the NR had several in their service.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:SSDs were counted as "Superships but later reconned into battleships for the NR era. So, since this is the NR, SSDs do not count as super weapons. In fact the NR had several in their service.
And at least one was wasted. Seriously what's with that ramming of that one. lamest tactic ever.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A desperate person is the most dangerous person. Nothing to lose, everything to gain and there's nothing they wont do.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How do I crush the YV invasion?
Easy. I don't act like a complete fucking brain dead moron. The initial YV assault could have easily been defeated had the NR responded properly. It was their failure to do that that allowed the YV assault to gain momentum and capture even more systems, turning their resources against the NR.

Build up a shitload of World Devastators to turn uninhabited planets into legions of droid soldiers and automated warfleets. Problem solved.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"