You Crush the Rebellion

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: You Crush the Rebellion

Post by Monroe »

stitch626 wrote:Well, this has been fun and all, but going up against a solid wall is a waste of time.
Now he's going to think he thrumped you in some kind of odd debate where he provided evidence that proved all your facts weren't as correct as his magical faerie land.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:Now he's going to think he thrumped you in some kind of odd debate where he provided evidence that proved all your facts weren't as correct as his magical faerie land.
Oh, clever come back by someone who ran like a spanked child. :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Are you still actually debating the Fear Doctrine, or are you debating each others debate skills at this point? :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:
Monroe wrote:Now he's going to think he thrumped you in some kind of odd debate where he provided evidence that proved all your facts weren't as correct as his magical faerie land.
Oh, clever come back by someone who ran like a spanked child. :lol:
I don't see anyone running Deep. I see someone not wanting to talk to a negative personality. Life's so short, why live it bitter and angry at the world? You should try it sometime.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Are you still actually debating the Fear Doctrine, or are you debating each others debate skills at this point? :?
For the last week we've been waiting for Deep to explain his so called sources.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Are you still actually debating the Fear Doctrine, or are you debating each others debate skills at this point? :?
Stitch is calling it quits and Monroe is trying too... do something.
Monroe wrote:I don't see anyone running Deep. I see someone not wanting to talk to a negative personality. Life's so short, why live it bitter and angry at the world? You should try it sometime.
Bullshit, you got burned, begged for help and people shot you down. I was flaming you the whole time. You ran when no one came to save you... Go cry me a river... Besides, I'm not bitter, I'm just having fun at your expense.
Monroe wrote:For the last week we've been waiting for Deep to explain his so called sources.
I've been waiting three weeks for you to provide a single one... kinda leaves me in the lead... Besides, I've already explained the names I provided. I just haven't quoted them yet. However, since my guys matter for the topic and yours have just been jokes... still in the lead for it... :poke:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

If you explained the names I missed them. Link them. And if you lack the ability to comprehend what you're reading you're going to be waiting a very long time for things I posted in the second or third page to register.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:If you explained the names I missed them. Link them. And if you lack the ability to comprehend what you're reading you're going to be waiting a very long time for things I posted in the second or third page to register.
A, go back and read. You should have done that to start with.

B, only one person has been getting called on what they've been saying here... that's been you... get over little boy and move on.

Stitch was fighting the thread but really wasn't going anywhere for him. I've got no problem with him leaving. You however have spent the whole time spitting and begging for people to believe your nonsense. Since EVERYONE has told you its nonsense... the more likely option is that you haven't been able to comprehend the subject at hand. Trying to displace that onto someone else, not really helping your cause.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:
Monroe wrote:If you explained the names I missed them. Link them. And if you lack the ability to comprehend what you're reading you're going to be waiting a very long time for things I posted in the second or third page to register.
A, go back and read. You should have done that to start with.

B, only one person has been getting called on what they've been saying here... that's been you... get over little boy and move on.

Stitch was fighting the thread but really wasn't going anywhere for him. I've got no problem with him leaving. You however have spent the whole time spitting and begging for people to believe your nonsense. Since EVERYONE has told you its nonsense... the more likely option is that you haven't been able to comprehend the subject at hand. Trying to displace that onto someone else, not really helping your cause.
Yeah you really haven't posted proof. What comes across as random historian names and 'because I say so' just doesn't compete with primary sources, two studies, a few books / magazines, and a thesis on leadership.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sure, the whole posting and having everyone agree with my statements and supporting evidence. That doesn't count, just like when you ignored all the counter points from everyone, not just me, about your BS stories and soviet hard on.

Look, you can spin your wheels all you'd like. You're still a piece of shit, and that isn't going to change no matter how much denial you stuff into a thread.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:Sure, the whole posting and having everyone agree with my statements and supporting evidence. That doesn't count, just like when you ignored all the counter points from everyone, not just me, about your BS stories and soviet hard on.

Look, you can spin your wheels all you'd like. You're still a piece of s**t, and that isn't going to change no matter how much denial you stuff into a thread.
So where have all the people who agreed with your supporting evidence gone? Ever since you started posting supporting evidence they kind of disappeared. And you're still a very sad sad little boy who tries to ruin everyone else's fun in other forums by spamming hate.

Hell even your personal attacks have been disproved.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

And by the way, since when does having roughly the same amount of people on both sides of the debate equal everyone on the forums agreeing with you? Now I've never been one to point out any one else's flaws in math but...

Me, Stitch, Teaos, Mikey* vs you, Rochey, Tsuki? on rather or not my plan would work. I put a star on Mikey since he acknowledged the plan would work but seems to prefer trying the other one. Not to mentions you know, science and history on my side of the story but you would never admit to that.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

While I've been mostly keeping out of the debate (I really couldn't be interested right now), I'd like to point out one thing.
All the proof that you've posted, Monroe, shows that it works on individual countries, with populations in the hundreds of millions at most. Even then, there was dissent and the occasional (though brutaly surpressed) attempt at an uprising.

Now, let's just say that 0.0000001% of the population of a nation will be willing to stand against you and your uber-draconian measures. In a country like, say, the USA, that number would be utterly insignificant. Maybe a few hundred, if that. But in a galaxy-spanning nation comprising over 50 million worlds, that number will be several trillion strong. Given the prevelance of ships, weapons and a black market, it would be virtualy impossible to fully surpress an entire populace.
And that doesn't even take into account the fact that there will be many, many places where you have almost no presence. Unless you plan on stationing troops on even the most minor colony, it'll be effectively impossible to actualy implement your measures.

So, while they stand up in theory, they do not stand up when applied on a large enough scale that the number of dissenters would be in the billions at least.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:...Me, Stitch, Teaos, Mikey* vs you, Rochey, Tsuki? on rather or not my plan would work...
I said your plan could work, but that the fake appeasement and secret control plan would work better. Because it's working just fine in reality right now.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:While I've been mostly keeping out of the debate (I really couldn't be interested right now), I'd like to point out one thing.
All the proof that you've posted, Monroe, shows that it works on individual countries, with populations in the hundreds of millions at most. Even then, there was dissent and the occasional (though brutaly surpressed) attempt at an uprising.

Now, let's just say that 0.0000001% of the population of a nation will be willing to stand against you and your uber-draconian measures. In a country like, say, the USA, that number would be utterly insignificant. Maybe a few hundred, if that. But in a galaxy-spanning nation comprising over 50 million worlds, that number will be several trillion strong. Given the prevelance of ships, weapons and a black market, it would be virtualy impossible to fully surpress an entire populace.
And that doesn't even take into account the fact that there will be many, many places where you have almost no presence. Unless you plan on stationing troops on even the most minor colony, it'll be effectively impossible to actualy implement your measures.

So, while they stand up in theory, they do not stand up when applied on a large enough scale that the number of dissenters would be in the billions at least.
Yeah that's the great failure of both plans. So I think the next step would be to minimize the impact of the minority. If only a tiny sliver would stand against the measures you want to make it as hard as possible for them to talk to each other, find each other, recruit, acquire weapons etc. I think by appeasing to them you're making it too easy for them to do just that.

And glad to hear Tsuk. I think the other plan would work too. Just the fear one would work slightly better.

-Remain Star Trek-