http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inexpugn ... mmand_ship

Technical specifications
Length: 3,100 meters

Width: 3,100 meters

Hyperdrive rating: Class 2 Backup: Class 10
Shielding: Equipped

Navigation system: Navigation computer equipped

Main computer: Vanjervalis Systems main computer

Armament: Double turbolaser batteries (5), Light turbolaser batteries (5), Point-defense light laser cannon batteries (2), Tractor beam batteries (2)
Complement: Aurek fighters (144), S-250 Chela-class starfighters (24), Conductor-class short-haul landing craft (24), Ministry-class orbital shuttles (6), Various support craft
Escape craft: Lifepods equipped

Crew: 4,300

Passengers: 2,000

Cargo capacity: 50,000 tons

Consumables: 2 years

Dimensions
An Inexpugnable-class ship's bridge.The Inexpugnable-class was ring-shaped, with large hangars and a command area located underneath the main superstructure, to the stern. Additional hangar decks were located on the vessel's bow, to allow rapid deployment of fighters from multiple levels. This also made them vulnerable to boarding operations.

In addition to the fighter decks, there was a cargo bay located adjacent to the ship's brig.

Offensive and defensive systems
Vessels of the Inexpugnable-class, also known as "Inexies," were equipped with five large double turbolaser batteries, five turbolaser batteries, two laser cannon batteries for point-defense purposes and two tractor beam batteries. Three turbolaser batteries were on each side of the main circular superstructure and two were near the bridge of the vessel.

Propulsion systems
The Inexpugnable-class was propelled by four large thrusters powered by engines deep within the circular superstructure. A possible auxiliary thruster was located in between the main four.

Complement
The class could carry 144 Aurek starfighters and 24 S-250 Chela-class starfighters, as well as small transports, like 24 Conductor-class landing craft and 6 Ministry-class orbital shuttles.

Bridge
The Inexpugnable-class was designed so Rendili could sell more Hammerhead-class cruisers. As such, the bridge was an innovation in design, in which holograms were projected over a transparent deck, providing a merger of electronic and visual data and facilitating command for up to 64 Hammerhead cruisers. This bridge design, known as the "wishing well", could produce vertigo.

History
Six Inexpugnable-class vessels were launched from Rendili/Vanjervalis Drive Yards at Corellia, including the Courageous and the Swiftsure. These vessels were large command ships and battle group flagships in the Republic Navy during the Mandalorian Wars. After the Battle of Serroco, they were equipped with a new sensor package that allowed them to use tactics like the Vanjervalis Chain.

The ships were meant to act as testing ground for the new design, but less than half a dozen prototypes were built before the Mandalorians attacked in full. After the refitting of the Swiftsure, it was used as a basis for the production model.

Millennia later, the battleships of the Trade Federation would come to resemble this class, with Hoersch-Kessel Drive's Lucrehulk-class battleship having a similar, circular superstructure.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: KOTOR ship of the Week: Inexpugnable-class Command Ship

Post by Deepcrush »

For a ship that is going to be part of a large fleet action it seems very poorly armed and protected.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Deepcrush wrote:For a ship that is going to be part of a large fleet action it seems very poorly armed and protected.
I think it mostly relies on its two Starfighter wings and directing the rest of the fleet. They did relatively well against the Mandalorians, after all.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm not up on KOTOR, but I agree with Deep. Fighter flights are great, but she's got awful defensive firepower.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A fighter wing won't stop an enemy battleship from taking you apart piece by piece. If you're running a command ship, it needs to be able to protect itself.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Mikey wrote:I'm not up on KOTOR, but I agree with Deep. Fighter flights are great, but she's got awful defensive firepower.
For it's time period, its heavily armed. During the KOTOR era, turbolasers were a new thing after all. Inexpugnable-class ships were replaced for the Jedi Civil War by the Interdictor-class Cruisers and the Centurion-class Heavy Cruisers.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its not just the laser fire but lack of ANY kind of defense fire. It holds maybe 20 lascannon on the whole. A massive ship with a massive crew and a massive cost with the firepower of a light cruiser. Just a waste.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Agreed. Plus, IMO, two fighter wings really isn't THAT much.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

All in all, this is a ship of shit. Can act as a CCC but other then that fails. I'd say fuck it and spend the money on a heavy cruiser or battlecruiser. Not sure what the scale was for the time. Either a HC or BC could handle the same job and wouldn't fold in a fire fight.
Last edited by Deepcrush on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Personally, I would either increase the firepower of the Inexpugnable IMMENSELY, or I would modify a Hammerhead to have CnC tech.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think you'd be better off with the hammerhead upgraded for CCC ops. That and you could most likely get several Hammers for the cost.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That was my preference anyway. Plus, she has a much smaller target profile and more maneuverability than the Inexpugnable. I think the Hammerhead is just a better vessel for combat, and a more stable platform to build upon.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think your right, that HammerHead is better all over anyways.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, that is one ugly and rather pathetic excuse for a warship.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You're just now catching onto this?