So who liked the Star Wars prequels?

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Most of the people who hate the movies are the huge fans who are into the universe of SW.

Most who like it are just people who went to see the movies.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Has anyone hear read the books that go with the prequels? It's my understanding there is a lot more explaination in III as to the Skywalker/Palpatine interplay. Palpatine is a bastard and slowly and subtly pushes Skyalker over the edge. The movie just doesn't have the time to explore that, and there is only so much acting and writing you can expect to obtain when trying to portraying whiny teenager and twenty-somethings.

Also,I felt the final duel between Anakin & Obi-Wan, although cool, was FAR TOO LONG!!! But Yoda vs. Palpatine, now that's what I felt battle between the top Jedi and Sith should be like.

Phantom Menace Thoughts:

Die Jar-Jar. He's 1000 Ewoks rolled into one huge annoyance. I had heard, and I can see why, someone went thru the trouble of 're-doing' the Phantom Menace and removing the JJB character ditigally and audio-wise.

Pod Race => Cool... Go Hutts!

Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon. Hella-Cool!

AotC Thoughts:

Kamino battle between Obi-Wan and J. Fett (including space battle) - Thumbs up!

Why the hell would the Jedi legion jump into the middle of a deep bowl, surrounded by enemies who have the higher ground and considerable firepower? Tactically, this seems to be a very stupid idea. Yes, there are 2 Jedi and a Senator swinging in the wind, but where's the logic in sacrificing dozens (if not more) of Jedi to save them?

RotS Thoughts:

Emperor takes out 4 of the 5 upper tier Jedi in 10 seconds!? Holy (Bleepity Bleep!)

General Grevious v Obi-Wan battle was very nice! Like the lizard thing Obi-Wan was riding too!

General Order 66. Sucks to be Jedi!

Anyway, I just realized I don't have a point, just though i'd put in my thoughts...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Most of the people who hate the movies are the huge fans who are into the universe of SW.

Most who like it are just people who went to see the movies.
Actually I like both, and I would consider myself a huge fan.
I own a tonne of books, games, magazines etc. I still like the movies.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Episode III was a fun romp, and looks incredible in HD! And as for emotions, I left the theatre on that one incredibly disturbed. Wonderful stuff.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Rochey wrote:Lucas owns the series, if he wants to give the EU the finger I have no arguments there. Aside from a few exeptions most of it was crap.
He did put the Juggernaughts into Ep III though.
he did!! and the some of the trade federation ships were very Dreadnaut-esque like the Katana fleet from the Thrawn series.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

About Anakin and Padme's scenes...

Neither of them have really ever had so much as a date. Anakin's been training as a warrior monk for over half his life and Padme's been in politics since diapers. I don't see either one of them having much experience on the romance department.

Heck, I wanna write a fanfiction where Anakin picks up the GFFA equivelant of 'Dating tips for Dummies' and Padme leafs through the GFFA equivelant of 'Cosmopolitan' when they learn they'll be together.