Massive Sith Victory.
No votes

Total votes: 3
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

War of the Week: Jedi Civil War

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Discuss. This is the War featured in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Civil_War

1. Would the Republic have won if Revan was truly killed after Malak's betrayal?

2. Would the Republic have won if the Star Forge wasn't found?

3. Despite the loss at the Star Forge, could the Sith have still won? Are they the true victors of the war?
Last edited by SuperSaiyaMan12 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: War of the Week: Jedi Civil War

Post by Captain Seafort »

"Discuss"? Discuss what? Someone's dress sense?

If you want to start a proper debate you'll have to do a damn sight better than that - starting with what forces you want people to compare, what their observed capabilities are, and any questions you intend the debate to answer.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Captain Seafort wrote:"Discuss"? Discuss what? Someone's dress sense?

If you want to start a proper debate you'll have to do a damn sight better than that - starting with what forces you want people to compare, what their observed capabilities are, and any questions you intend the debate to answer.
I was originally going to put a Poll down and add some more facts, but I couldn't find the Poll function.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:I was originally going to put a Poll down...but I couldn't find the Poll function.
Try reading the board FAQs.
FAQ wrote:How do I create a poll?
When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the "Poll creation" tab below the main posting form; if you cannot see this, you do not have appropriate permissions to create polls. Enter a title and at least two options in the appropriate fields, making sure each option is on a separate line in the textarea. You can also set the number of options users may select during voting under "Options per user", a time limit in days for the poll (0 for infinite duration) and lastly the option to allow users to amend their votes.
You should still be able to do this using the edit fuction.
and add some more facts,
The absence of a poll does not prevent you from adding this information.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I added the poll and the info Seafort.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You know that there was already an outcome to this war right?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Deepcrush wrote:You know that there was already an outcome to this war right?
I do. There was also an outcome for the Clone Wars.

I'm askign the PLAYERS of KOTOR on what they thought.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:I added the poll and the info Seafort.
Thank you.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well you didn't plan out a river for any cannon change in the timeline.
1. Would the Republic have won if Revan was truly killed after Malak's betrayal?
Could still swing either way.
Of course. The Sith used the Star Forge to turn out thousands upon thousands of star fighters. Whole fleets were supplied by this place. If it were never found the Sith would have no way to replace the massive losses they took from the Jedi.
3. Despite the loss at the Star Forge, could the Sith have still won? Are they the true victors of the war?
No, the Sith were falling apart. The Republic and Jedi were hell bent on destroying them.

When you do a WotW you need to put in what the focus of the war will be. What changes you may have made to the timeline. Also, what is the purpose of those changes. A couple of what ifs don't really carry it. These are fine for questions on a war but 'what ifs' don't make a war.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

My knowledge of KotOR is sketchy (I've never played the game), but I'll have a crack at this.
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:1. Would the Republic have won if Revan was truly killed after Malak's betrayal?
IIRC, Revan was instrumental in turning Bastilla back from the Dark Side, and in defeating Malak on the Star Forge. Without his intervention, the Forge would have been put to use by the Sith, and it would have been the Sith, not the Republic, who would have benefited from Bastilla's battle meditation.
The Star Forge wasn't the source of the fleet Revan and Malak lead against the Republic, so it wouldn't have made any difference - the Republic was being soundly thrashed by the Sith until Revan's near-death, bout of amnesia, and subsequent return to the light side.
After the final battle at the Star Forge, the Sith were gone - Revan had turned back to the light, and Malak and his apprentice where dead.