A New Hope?

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

A New Hope?

Post by Captain Seafort »

Wookieepedia
Fate of the Jedi is a 9-book, all hardback series presumably set after the events of the Legacy of the Force series being authored by Aaron Allston, Christie Golden, and Troy Denning in a cyclical style similar to the Legacy of the Force series.
Effectively a repeat of Legacy of the Force except... no Traviss. Am I getting ahead of myself, or is this a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: A New Hope?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd heard rumours that even the other EU authors were getting sick of her Mand-wank (hence why one of them made up that virus that made the Mando homeworld uninhabitable). Hopefully the powers that be at Lucas Licensing are getting the fucking hint and have decided to drop her.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Swing down sweet chariot!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I finally lost interest in the friggin books. Did they kill off Jacen after he went to the Dark Side and killed Mara Jade, or his that nonsense still going on???
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No idea. I didn't read them. I don't think anyone else here did, either.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

He got killed. And then Admiral Janew...err, Daala, got appointed Chief of State. :bangwall:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:wtf: Now I remember why I stopped reading those damn things.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It gets worse. Travis killed Pellaeon off, Daala was apointed head of whatever and stole his corpse and ran off with the Mandalorians.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:stole his corpse
I am SO glad right now that I don't read EU.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

And what sucks the most is Gilad Pellaeon was an awsome character. I wouldn't even care if they just brought him back by cloning... It would be better then Daala. Though thats not saying much is it... like being smarter then a rock...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Guess Han and Leia better have some more kids. They only have one left. And what the hell is she going to do with his body????
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No idea. I heard it second-hand from someone who was foolish enough to buy and read the book. I didn't ask for details.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:And what sucks the most is Gilad Pellaeon was an awsome character.
I only know him from the Thrawn trilogy, but he is one of my favorite characters. Also, I really enjoyed the character of Grand Admiral Thrawn and how he seemd to be an actually competent commander.

After Truce at Bakura I should move to X-Wing series? Is that correct? Also, is there an EU Timeline out there on the web somewhere?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Go to Wookieepedia and check out their timeline, if you want. They have a rather detailed one.

Chronogicaly, the X-Wing series comes next.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

WHAT THE FRIGGING HELL IS IT WITH DEL REY AND MEGA SERIES? :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :wtf:

I mean seriously, Bantam was good for giving us many alternatives than one big series. I mean, we had standalones, trilogies, duologies, as well as mega series (X-Wing Series, Junior Jedi Knight, and Young Jedi Knight), I mean we want variety.

And god frigging hell...I hate Del Rey even more now...(btw everyone, they won't drop Traviss. If it were Bantam, after her first book, Traviss would have been dropped. Del Rey however doesn't care if they rape Star Wars nor not).