Character of the Week: Durge

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Character of the Week: Durge

Post by Monroe »

Say what you want about Bossk or Boba kicking some ass I would say they are nothing compared to this guy:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge
Durge was a bounty hunter active in the galaxy for almost two thousand years. Able to survive several near-death situations due to his Gen'Dai heritage and enhanced battle armor, he fought in several wars and collected multitudes of bounties. Over the centuries, Durge acquired a deep distaste for Mandalorians, and even killed their leader at one point. As a result of both personal tragedy and torture, he became increasingly mentally unstable.

Tempted by the idea of killing Republic clone troopers, clones of the Mandalorian Jango Fett, Durge was recruited into the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. Given the rank of commander, he performed several key missions for Count Dooku himself, and led droid forces in combat on more than one occasion. Near the end of the war, he was launched into a star near Maramere by Anakin Skywalker.
Personally I'd love to see more of him. 1500 BBY isn't an era covered too much they tend to skip thousand years when they talk about details.
My favorite part of his story was this:
Durge survived the blast, however, and was soon back to working for the Confederacy. He and Asajj Ventress tested a new chemical weapon-Jenna Zan Arbor's swamp gas-on the Gungan inhabitants of Naboo's moon, Ohma-D'un. The toxin turned out to be very effective, particularly against Gungans, who died shortly after being exposed to the gas
Wish I had known about him during SWG. My character would have loved him for killing Gungans... though apparently he or something made its way into SWG anyway.

Overall I'd say an interesting character. Reminds me of a classic horror villain that just won't die. I also liked how he beat up Boba.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Character of the Week: Durge

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The Clone Wars animated series appearances of Durge vs Obi-Wan were awesome.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

No idea. If he's not in the films, I don't know him.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

This is the guy that looks like he's made from rubber bands, right?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:This is the guy that looks like he's made from rubber bands, right?
The one who fought biker-lance Kenobi?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
I think so.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
I think so.
Yeah. According to the wiki. Personally I had never heard of him before scrolling through wookiepedia. Someone beat me to the ship of the week *raises fist* So I had to think of something and reading his bio made him out to be pretty freaking cool.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

You guys seriously never saw the Clone Wars animated series? It's really quite well done.

Here's the first part, it's considered full canon, and it gets really great by the end.

Here's part 2

part 3, Durge's big debut

part 4

part 5 (Mace Windu is a badass)

part 6

part 7

part 8 of 8

So, there's volume 1. Volume 2 is even better, I'll find all of it in about 2 hours.
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:You guys seriously never saw the Clone Wars animated series? It's really quite well done.

Here's the first part, it's considered full canon, and it gets really great by the end.
I've seen parts of it. It wasn't carried in Canada so it's Youtube clips or other means for me. When it's out on DVD I may pick it up, though I'm pretty burned out on SW.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Only through part 2 but so far I like :D Samurai Jack was one of my favorite cartoons and I love Star Wars so I'm surprised I havent' seen this before personally. But like I've said before I've kind of just not bothered with much before ANH. This does explain why they gave Arcs those annoying bazookas in the first person shooter I used to play :P Also shows off some awesome Star Wars military might :D

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:Only through part 2 but so far I like :D Samurai Jack was one of my favorite cartoons and I love Star Wars so I'm surprised I havent' seen this before personally. But like I've said before I've kind of just not bothered with much before ANH. This does explain why they gave Arcs those annoying bazookas in the first person shooter I used to play :P Also shows off some awesome Star Wars military might :D
It gets better, believe me. Volume 2 is also amazing; I'm trying to find all of them.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Volume 2's there too. Just watched it. Freaking awesome. Don't suppose there's a volume 3?

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Volume 2:

part 1

part 2

part3

part 4 (again, Mace Windu is a badass)

part 5 (Yoda shows how damn impressive he is)

part 6

part 7

and, finally, part 8 of 8, with the epic Mace Windu vs General Grievous duel. It explains why he's considerably slower in Revenge of the Sith, and why he sounds like an asthmatic. :wink:

Monroe - no, but the CGI movie is coming out soon. Personally, I wish they'd just continue with more like these.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Man, if Mace was that badass in ROTS, Palpatine would've lasted all of five seconds. ;)
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Check here for stuff too
http://tv-links.cc/cartoon/starwars-clone-wars.htm

piracy is bad, ok.
:teacher:
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!