Star Wars Episode IX – Teaser (Spoilers)

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Star Wars Episode IX – Teaser (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

Last edited by Nutso on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Star Wars Episode IX – Teaser

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Hmm... interesting.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Hmm... interesting.
After the reveal at Star Wars Celebration, Ian Mcdiarmid came out on stage and, in Emperor Palpatine voice said, "Roll it again!"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Star Wars Episode IX – Teaser (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I've seen "theories" online that "The Last Jedi" + "The Rise of Skywalker" = the new term for a Jedi or possibly a Force-user will be "Skywalker." Also the Chiss (Grand Admiral Thrawn's race) word for Force user translates into "skywalker."
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Hmm... interesting.
After the reveal at Star Wars Celebration, Ian Mcdiarmid came out on stage and, in Emperor Palpatine voice said, "Roll it again!"
Yeah. I've heard
it confirmed Palpatine will be in it. If he's a force ghost, then all right. I can roll with it. If it's him alive again a'la Dark Empire? I'm even more out than before.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I remember reading that George Lucas doesn't believe in Dark Side Force ghosts, so it's interesting they're breaking with him on that one, if Palpatine is indeed a ghost. If Palps is a physical body, it might the be the EU clone situation. Which is a stupid thing to introduce now after two movies, plus they got rid of the 10ft tall mystery bad guy already, so bringing back a living Palpatine is even dumber, showing a lack of foresight regarding bad guys to fight. He could just be a holo recording though. Maybe through a Force crystal.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm by no means knowledgeable about Star Wars, but I was very much under the impression from the movies that force ghosts were totally a thing of the good guys. I took that to be why Vader was a ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi - he turned good at the end, so he got to be a force ghost.

It seems weird if there are going to be bad force ghosts as well... does this mean that the good force ghosts spend their time fighting the bad force ghosts? Can ghost Palpatine fight ghost Kenobi? Would they have ghost lightsabers? They have ghost clothing, after all. It just opens up a whole world of questions.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I'm by no means knowledgeable about Star Wars, but I was very much under the impression from the movies that force ghosts were totally a thing of the good guys. I took that to be why Vader was a ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi - he turned good at the end, so he got to be a force ghost.

It seems weird if there are going to be bad force ghosts as well... does this mean that the good force ghosts spend their time fighting the bad force ghosts? Can ghost Palpatine fight ghost Kenobi? Would they have ghost lightsabers? They have ghost clothing, after all. It just opens up a whole world of questions.
I always liked the idea of Dark Side Force ghosts but, I would prefer if they were more haunting type ghosts, rather than the free traveling spirits that Jedi can become. Like Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda can appear wherever Luke is because Luke is sort of an anchor for them. But Dark Side spirits are doomed to roam where they died because they have no anchor for they loved no one in life but themselves or their property.

ANyway, i don't think it will be a Palpatine ghost. There was a scene of the remains of the Death Star. Probably Rey will go in there and receive a vision of Palpatine doing evil, something we've never seen.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Vanity Fair covers
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/22/knight ... skywalker/
The nature of the Knights of Ren has been a Star Wars mystery for nearly four years, ever since director and co-writer J.J. Abrams first revealed that “Kylo” is a name that Ben Solo “came to” after aligning with the monstrous Knights of Ren.

Who are they? Fallen fellow trainees at Luke’s Jedi academy? Ancient dark-side acolytes driven by the sinister side of the Force? Or merely a gang of galactic thugs, aspiring to the mysticism of a Darth Vader while really being nothing but punks? The Last Jedi did not delve into that mythology, but the new film is bringing them back, hopefully for answers. All we learn about them from the Vanity Fair article by Lev Grossman is that they were on the Jordan set, and the Wadi Rum desert there is the setting for a planet known as Pasaana.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Rebuttal to the ew.com article above.
No One Cares About The Knights of Ren in ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’
Star Wars: The Force Awakens wasn’t a terrible movie. It had a great cast and tons of individual moments full of fun dynamism, two strengths of its director J.J. Abrams. But it was also saddled with many of Abrams’ hack weaknesses like no larger emotional or thematic arc being built up to and stupid mysteries just for the sake of mysteries. Although The Force Awakens is arguably a remake of A New Hope, ironically Star Wars: The Last Jedi is an exponentially better, richer film partially by returning to a more straightforward style of storytelling Star Wars traditionally excels at.

And one of the dumbest mysteries from The Force Awakens was “Who are the Knights of Ren?” Kylo Ren is a great character but all of the new villain lore surrounding him only seems “mysterious” to keep fans guessing and stop them from seeing how boring and unimaginative it all is. The Last Jedi’s decision to disregard all of it was totally correct, fanboys be damned. Kill a rip-off big bad guy Snoke like it’s nothing because who cares. Kylo Ren escaped from the Jedi Academy with some other evil students? Cool, let’s move on.
Stan - South Park
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Nutso wrote:Rebuttal to the ew.com article above.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens wasn’t a terrible movie. It had a great cast and tons of individual moments full of fun dynamism, two strengths of its director J.J. Abrams. But it was also saddled with many of Abrams’ hack weaknesses like no larger emotional or thematic arc being built up to and stupid mysteries just for the sake of mysteries. Although The Force Awakens is arguably a remake of A New Hope, ironically Star Wars: The Last Jedi is an exponentially better, richer film partially by returning to a more straightforward style of storytelling Star Wars traditionally excels at.

And one of the dumbest mysteries from The Force Awakens was “Who are the Knights of Ren?” Kylo Ren is a great character but all of the new villain lore surrounding him only seems “mysterious” to keep fans guessing and stop them from seeing how boring and unimaginative it all is. The Last Jedi’s decision to disregard all of it was totally correct, fanboys be damned. Kill a rip-off big bad guy Snoke like it’s nothing because who cares. Kylo Ren escaped from the Jedi Academy with some other evil students? Cool, let’s move on.
Honestly, I mostly agree.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Nutso wrote:Rebuttal to the ew.com article above.

what a crock of shit
Bite my shiny metal ass