Find the Skinjob Discussion

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Find the Skinjob Discussion

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Hey all, is anyone interested in another round? I have another sci-fi themed idea. I know we have a few nBSG fans on here, and enough people who are familiar enough with it due to our discussion to participate in it; my idea is "Find the Cylon." Here's the basic scenario:

It returns to the original format of 1 enemy and say 5 or 6 humans, and the enemies mission is to kill all the humans.
You are survivors of a battlestar which was destroyed in the preemptive strike. You and your merry band managed to hop in a Colonial shuttle.. which despite your best stealthy (we'll say it was a new Stealthstar prototype that should have been undetectable to the cylons) efforts was unfortunately damaged by flak and crashed onto a moon. The goal of humans is to repair the shuttle so they can escape (don't want to broadcast a distress call as that'll surely attract the cylons) and the goal of the cylon is to either finish the revenge by killing all the humans, or failing that send out a signal that will bring the cylon raiders down on you all (that part can be negotiated with further discussion).

I'm thinking, 1 Cylon who's job it is to kill people, 1 marine who can guard 1 person including himself per "night", and 1 scientist who can (throuogh some sort of technical voodoo) test for and detect a cylon, and then 4 other humans.

Question, comments, concerns, critiques, suggestions?
Last edited by Sonic Glitch on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Find the Founders whichever number this is

Post by Nickswitz »

I like it, and I'm up for it.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Hurrah, that's 1! Do you think you can recruit the rest of the family? ;)
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Will do... haha
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm in. And I can play regularly as long as there isn't another 4 day power outage.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I'm not really familiar with BSG, but I'm willing to give it a try.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I'll play.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

So we have 5.

Nick
Stitch
Royal
Lazaar
Sionnach Glitc

We need two more, tell your friends! Or do we think 5 is an adequate number? In my opinion the better range is 6-7.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well then make it 6

I've seen maybe 3 eps of BSG, but It shouldn't be that hard to play
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:wave:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Anybody else? If not I'll try and get roles out by Thursday to start the ball rolling on Friday, does that work? I figure maybe 4 days and then the first night. I don't know yet.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the Skinjob Discussion

Post by Mark »

Keep in mind I'll have a hell of a time getting online during the weekend, unless they get my internet up in record time at my new dwelling.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Keep in mind I'll have a hell of a time getting online during the weekend, unless they get my internet up in record time at my new dwelling.
Fair point. I made the plan before I saw your post in "What's the latest...?" We shall wait then
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Or if you can get it going today.....drop the first night on fri. That'll open the weekend for play and the next night on mon.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Alright, final count. I'll try and get PM's out and have the first post up by mid Wednesday.
Nick
Stitch
Royal
Lazaar
Rochey
Mark
Staplic