Find The Founders XII

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Find The Founders XII

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The ship shook under another barrage from the Dominion battlecruiser; the operations console exploded, and Lieutenant Tyyr flew back, his face and neck shredded by chunks of plastic and metal. A fire was beginning to spread across the port side of the bridge, and the viewscreen flickered as the massive violet-colored ship continued it's attack, bright blue beams striking out in rapid bursts.

"All weapons, fire!" Captain Tsukiyumi bellowed, and the Galaxy-class USS Masamune returned the favor, phasers lancing into the battlecruiser's port nacelle. A full spread of photon torpedoes sped outward before splitting and striking multiple points on the Dominion vessel.

"Minimal damage to the battlecruiser! Our shields are down, Captain!" Commander Mikey shouted, "They're beaming troops over! We have intruders on decks ten, twelve, twenty-two, thirty, fifteen, five, and deck one!"

As soon as he said it, half a dozen Jem'Hadar warriors materialized; Captain Tsukiyumi drew his phaser and shot the first one dead. One of the warriors shot down a crewman to Mikey's left before the Commander blasted a hole in his face. Tsukiyumi dove behind the helm station as a flurry of blue-white pulses blasted out the viewscreen in a shower of dark glass. He shot another Jem'Hadar in the back as the warrior reared back to strike Mikey. The Commander struck one of the warriors in the face with a flat palm, and then shot him in the gut as he staggered back.

"Mikey! Get down!" Tsukiyumi shouted, but it was too late. The Commander was struck by a dozen pulses from three different directions, and fell dead into the Captain's chair.

"AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" Tsukiyumi roared as rage overtook him; he leapt from behind the helm console, firing twice, and killing two of the remaining Jem'Hadar before leaping on the third, slamming the warrior to the floor.

"You Jem'Hadar B*STARD!!!" he screamed, smashing his phaser into the brute's face again, and again, until the jagged, broken weapon was covered in dark blood. Chest heaving, with blood running into his eye from a gash on his forehead, Captain Tsukiyumi stood, and staggered to the empty helm chair, before asking, "Computer, status of warp drive?"

"Warp drive is not functional. Critical damage to warp nacelles." The computer's emotionless female voice answered. He cursed, tossing the broken phaser to the ground.

"Status of weapons?" he asked, as he checked the ship's internal sensors. The crew was dropping like flies: as he watched, sixteen more lifesigns disappeared from the screen.

"Phasers are offline. Torpedo tubes are operational." Tsukiyumi grimaced, readying a targeting solution.

"Fire." He stated flatly. A spread of torpedoes blasted against the battlecruiser's shields, followed by a second spread, and a third. The fourth salvo struck the hull, blasting holes in the port wing, and overloading the ship's impulse engines in a spectacular explosion. Captain Tsukiyumi cheered through clenched teeth, and then shouted as he was knocked out of the chair by a salvo of torpedoes from the Dominion ship.

From the floor, he heard the computer's flat voice fill the smoky bridge, " Forward torpedo tube destroyed. Warning: Bridge fire suppression systems offline. Life support failing."

He clawed his way back into the chair, studying the internal sensors again: less than a hundred crew still survived in the saucer section. He checked the status of the transporters before activating the intercom. The b*stards weren't about to capture his ship.

"All hands, this is the Captain. Evacuate to the stardrive section at once. I repeat, fall back to the stardrive section at once." He glanced around the Bridge of the Masamune as he entered commands into the helm; the fire had spread, casting the room in an eerie orange light.

He waited as long as possible, and then activated the saucer separation protocol. He pressed a button on the console, and beamed himself directly to Main Engineering.

As soon as he materialized, he noticed the extent of the damage; plasma was leaking from several conduits, and sparks were shooting from a number of shattered consoles. The bodies of dozens of Jem'Hadar warriors, and most of the Engineering crew littered the floor.

Ducking under a fallen support beam, Tsukiyumi approached the only surviving crew member, who was frantically punching commands into an intact console, "What's the status of the warp core, Lieutenant uh?"

"Lieutenant Uzume, sir. Uh, it's not good, sir. We're venting plasma fast, and I can't contain it without help. Containment must've been damaged during the firefight. We've got maybe twenty minutes before the core breeches " She didn't look away from the console as she talked, deftly routing power from non-essential systems.

Tsukiyumi activated a neighboring console to watch the results of his trapdoor program. The saucer section had separated, and the battlecruiser was targeting it as it slowly moved away from the drive section. As he watched, polaron beams lanced into its dorsal surface, tearing through the hull in massive fireballs as it rapidly gained speed. The battlecruiser tried to maneuver away at the last moment, but it was already too late. The saucer section rammed the unshielded port side of the Dominion ship at one-eighth impulse speed, tearing the port wing off, and crushing into the main body of the ship with staggering force. In an instant, both vanished in a flash bright enough to rival a star.

Tsukiyumi and Lieutenant Uzume were knocked off of their feet as the blast wave hit the drive section; massive showers of sparks rained from overloading conduits, and the consoles they'd been using exploded as if they'd been packed with dynamite.

"Five minutes to warp core breeeeeech " the computer droned before cutting out with an abrupt chirp.

" There was a P class planet in this system. If the crew can reach it, we might be able to survive until help arrives." Tsukiyumi limped over to what appeared to be the only remaining functional console. After scanning the planet, he entered a series of commands, sending a text message to all active LCARS terminals before grabbing Uzume's arm and leading her out the door. In the hallway, a lone Jem'Hadar staggered, beaten and bloody, around the corner. Captain Tsukiyumi grabbed a piece of debris from the floor and swiftly stabbed the soldier in the neck before sprinting toward the shuttlebay.

Unknown P-class planet, Stardate 51145.6

The survivors of the USS Masamune gather around the trio of escape pods they had landed in, taking stock of their supplies and gear. They tally several phasers, flashlights, portable heaters, and enough rations to last the group six weeks.

They are huddled around one of the heaters, still debating whether to stay with the pods or head to the nearby caves the Captain had discovered in his scan of the planet, when they hear a distant whining sound.

" What the hell is that?" Lieutenant Mark asks, his brows furrowing.

" I can't tell. It sounds like it's getting closer." Chief Sionnach remarks.

" Is it an animal?" Ensign Bob asks nervously, rubbing his hands together over the heater.

" Sensors didn't pick up any life-signs on this planet." Ensign Lazar answers, as the sound grows louder. No one can see beyond a few dozen meters in the blinding snow.

" That doesn't mean there aren't any, Ensign." Lieutenant Monroe retorts. The sound is now almost loud enough to drown out the constant whistle of the freezing wind.

" There's no reason to be paranoid about it, though. Use a tricorder." Lieutenant Stitch suggests. The sound seems to be right on top of them.

" I think there's one in the pod over there." Ensign Staplic points at the vague shape of one of the escape pods, nearly obscured in the white curtain of snow, ten meters away from the other two.

" I'll get it." Lieutenant Commander Seafort jogs briskly over to the pod and enters the hatch.

" Holy SH*T! EVERYBODY DOWN!" Lieutenant Foxx shouts, catching a glimpse of the impending disaster through a break in the blizzard.

A type 9 shuttle screams into view for an instant before tearing through the distant pod in a huge ball of fire, and skidding to a stop in a nearby snowbank. Flaming debris rains down around the stunned survivors, and for a moment, they stand in silent shock.

"Seafort!" the Ensign nicknamed Sonic Glitch shouts, before running toward the flaming wreckage of the pod. He's grabbed by Chief Sionnach, who points gravely at a fluttering piece of red uniform in the nearby snow. The Comm Badge is still attached.

The group slowly approaches the shuttle, phasers drawn, and open the hatch.

Inside, the Captain is slouched over the controls, phaser in hand, and a strange gold-colored goo is splattered all over the interior of the craft.

Ensign Nick approaches the chair, and spins the Captain around, " He's been stabbed through both lungs From behind Looks like he still got the b*stard, though."

" Got what b*stard?" Staplic asks cautiously.

" See for yourselves." Nick says ominously.

On the LCARS in front of the Captain's body was a simple statement: " Founders infiltrated ship. Exercise extreme caution."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Find The Founders XII

Post by Lt. Staplic »

His message is plural, we don't know how many, if any he killed. There could be founders here!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

So how can we find out who the founders are? Any suggestions? I've been trained as the ship psychologist, I'm quite able to read people, but founders I'm not so sure about... I've never intervied one, does anyone know anything of thier manerisms. If not I'll still keep my eyes open for anything odd.

::cautiously looks around the area, and then looked at each member of the remaining crew, nodding as he looked each one over; slowly looking back at captain Tsu.::

Let's find the bastards that did this!
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

mannerisms! How about the fact that they liquify! It doesn't get much more obvious than that!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

If you get one to liquify right here and now that's great, otherwise, does anyone know what they do that most humans would not... Such as a lying human usually has a tell, looking away from the person they are lying to, and looking in a certain direction... Does anyone know if they have any tells?
The world ended

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:::holding forehead with left hand in irritation:::

Kid, are you SERIOUS? "Tells"? This isn't the friggin' Poker-Palooza Place on Risa! Yeah, they have "tells". They like to turn into goo every so often according to intel, they can perfectly impersonate anything or anyone they see, and they hate us "Solids". But don't worry....if one decides to kill you I'm SURE he'll look off to the side.

Now, the Mesamune was a big ship and we're a pretty scattered bunch. I can't say that I know any of you that well, except for ol' Seafort, and I'm pretty sure he's not a Founder as he's gone all to pieces. Just for the record, why don't we introduce ourselves by name, rank, and post? I'll start. I'm Lieutenant Mark, and I'm Shuttlebay 2s Alpha Shift Flight Deck Officer.

What about the rest of you?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*sighs*

Chief Petty Officer Sionnach Glic, in charge of the ship's cargo and supplies. I suppose it's only to be expected that none of you recognise me. I know you officers don't like to mix with the lower ranks.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Maybe we could quiz each other on Federation pop culture and see who seems out of place.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Might work, might not.
I'm Stitch, I worked in medical for a while, then transfered to the labs.
One way to figure out who's a Founder is to take a blood sample and look at it. If it changes to a gold liquid, you have a Founder. The problem is we don't have any clear vials for the hypospray.

I wonder.... ok so there may be no Founders in the group here. And at a maximum there are four of them, because otherwise they could have already killed us... as it is they would have the element of surprise so even 4:6 they could win. So my guess would be that there are at maximum three and at a minimum zero.
Last edited by stitch626 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'm Ensign Nickswitz, you can call me Nick, and as I mentioned before, I'm the psychologist, I've only really seen anyone outside of my office in cooriders, so I can't really be of much help in that matter.

So, since none of us are really sure at all about how to find them, how shall we proceed, I think right now we have to find some shelter in order to survive regardless of the founders, does anyone want to come help me scout out the area, maybe to find a rocky outcrop or something to shelter us, if not, I'll be on my way and report back once I find something... That is SOP right?
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We'd be better off sticking with the escape pods. They're roomy enough to sleep in, and it'll save us lugging the supplies around. Also, if help does turn up then they'll home in on the pods.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

That's a valid point Chief.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Very true, sorry, I'm not exactly prepped on the most recent survival techniques, I haven't been on an away mission for a few years... :oops:
The world ended

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Everyone calls me "Sonic Glitch" -- I'm an equipment tech in one of the sensor labs and everytime I have the graveyard shift something strange seems to happen, which the computer reports as a "sonic glitch", hence my nickname. My specialty is computers unfortunately.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, seems like I'm the only one here with any practical experience in these things. There's a shock. So, while we're trying to figure out who's human and who's alien, let's get some actual work done.

Firstly, we need someone to inventory the supplies. [Looks to Nick] You'd probably be the best choice for that. You seem to have little experience in anything else survival related. [Looks at Stitch] Doc, you give him a hand. See if there's anything in there that you can use.
Ensign....uh....Glitch, try taking a look at the shuttle. See if the comms system is still working. We might be able to call for help that way. Lieutenant, [Looks at Mark] you worked with shuttles, right? Better check the shuttle to see if it's flyable. If it works we've got a ticket out of here.
[Turns to Foxx] M'am, I take it you know how to start a fire, right? Check the surroundings for anything we can use as fuel. Wood, leaves, grass. Anything that burns. Take him with you to help, [points at Bob] and stay within yelling distance of the pods.
Everyone else, start working on the escape pods. We need flat surfaces to sleep on. Tear out anything and everything that isn't useful to us and dump it. Those pods are going to be our homes for the forseeable future.