Find the Founders XI

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the Founders XI

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. For all we know the starships are being run by their original crews, who have simply defected.

In short, I have no interest in sending my men over to become your hostages.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

So we have three votes toward Monroe, Lazar, Rochy, and Myself

Monroe has voted Rochey

MM&I, Mark, what do you think?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I have been sitting here observing the exchange, I think I will join the vote against Monroe (sorry bout that), but should we find out we've picked the wrong guy my next choices are Rochey and Staplic.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I would be horrified as well if we have selected the wrong person...but that is a majority....lock weapons on the Monroe
Last edited by Lt. Staplic on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

In that case, go to red alert. Raise shields and lock all weapons on Captain Monroe's vessel.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

As the other ships powered up their weapons, the captain of the Monroe knew what must be done.
"Helm back us away from the freighters, we can't let them be damaged. All hands, abandon ship!"
Torpedoes and phaser beams streaked through space towards the Steamrunner class ship. Escape pods and shuttles rushed out, though only a few survived as the Monroe's warp core ruptured, for it could not withstand the firepower of six starships.
While discussing what to do with the suspected pirates, one of the freighter captains suggested that they be placed under their care. This would provide impartial interigations. Everyone agreed that this was the only viable option.
Several hours later, the freighter captain hailed all of the ships.
"I regret to inform you that the crew of the U.S.S. Monroe was in fact loyal to the Federation. They are not the pirates you are looking for."
During the grave silence that followed, the sensors began to flicker. With nothing else that could be done, the ships returned to the circle of the previous blackout. Minutes later, the blackout began.

NIGHT!!!
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The "night" dragged on. Three crews morn the loss of the U.S.S. Monroe. Two crews silently cheer. Some stand watch, attempting to keep an eye on the blackness, hoping to see who fires the torpedoes this time. Others do not bother, resigning themselves to their sure fate.
Two ships move on thrusters only. They line up in position to destroy the next target.

The crew of the U.S.S. Staplic are particularly tense. They know that the success of their mission depends on their actions this "night".
"Sir, torpedoes detected, but not at the MM&I... at us!"
The bridge is engulfed by torpedoes. Several more impact the saucer of the Norway class ship. This time however, the crew are not lucky enough for a containment failure. The ship falls apart, exposing everyone to space. The decompression launches the frozen bodies from the remains of the ship.
Two ships silently move to their previous positions and wait until the "night" lifts.

As the sensor blindness lifts, the crews are greeted by 400 frozen bodies; the crew of the U.S.S. Staplic. As the captains argue over who was the guilty party, one of them sends an encrypted signal.
An hour passes, the ships are now at red alert. Finally, the U.S.S. Lazar shows her true colors as she opens fire on the MM&I and the Rochey. Not allowing his fellow pirate to go it alone, the U.S.S. Mark joins in, targeting the weaker Miranda class ship. Unfortunately, the aging Constellation cannot meet the demands put upon it, as all for torpedo launchers lock up. The captain orders a full volley of torpedoes. They detonate in their tubes. The saucer of the Mark flips in space as its aft section is completely destroyed.
The Lazar is forced to split her fire. Soon, her shields begin to fail as the Rochey and MM&I pound on her.
Just before the her shields completely fail, there is a shimmer in the background. Three K'Tinga class battlecruisers decloak and open fire on the two Federation ships. The U.S.S. Rochey is torn apart in seconds by overwhelming disruptor fire. The MM&I doesn't last much longer.

The Klingon ships hail the damaged U.S.S. Lazar. The man on the screen is certainly not Klingon.
"This is Captain Tsukiyumi of the Elasi Imperium. We received your signal and are here to assist. We will beam over both crews and destroy your hulks. From there we can move onto the freighters."

After the freighters are unloaded, they are destroyed leaving little evidence of their passing.
The previous captain of the Lazar decides to complete their plan.
"Prepare a message to the Administrator. Inform him that the Federation no longer has a desire to provide aid." He smiles. "Also, prepare one for the Federation, informing them that the planet in question no longer wishes to be a member. Send them when we are within range of the planet. Then we will take what is ours."

The End. Pirates won.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.