Find the...uh..."Founders" IX Comment Thread

Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Re: Find the...uh..."Founders" IX Comment Thread

Post by Angharrad »

Mark wrote:Just because oone of us executes the other doesn't mean that we can't still be friends Foxxy......... :twisted:

Know what I mean?
Do you still want to be friends now that you know I voted for your execution knowing you were a human, not a wolf? 8)
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Do you still want to be friends with him, now that he's dead?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Mikey wrote:Do you still want to be friends with him, now that he's dead?
:oops: forgot about that. And he pissed in the beer. :x
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Royal_Foxx wrote:
Royal_Foxx wrote:
Mikey wrote:Ms. Foxx didn't die in the explosion?

On hell of an ending, BTW, Rochey.
I guess I'm fireproof, or a very fast wolf.
See? I'm very fast, fast enough to get in the cellar before the big boom.

And now, I go forth to complete Deep's plan. On to a new world filled with my kin! :twisted:
Such a loyal pup. Our breed shall live on through her... :twisted:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Royal_Foxx wrote:
Mikey wrote:Do you still want to be friends with him, now that he's dead?
:oops: forgot about that. And he pissed in the beer. :x
That's ok.......just wait for the sequel, when Mikey and I rise from the grave to seek revenge! :vamp2:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm dead, I could care less about the wolves....Tsuki ont the other hand :devilwings: :chopper:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Wait, so why didn't Tsu use his second option?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

he can't both test someone and make the potion.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, he couldn't do both. But I figured he'd use his ability to protect himself, as he must have realisd that people would be gunning for him after the Staplic Debacle. Which would have actualy left the humans in a winnable situation. I also had the outline for three alternate endings ready, before deciding to go for the one I posted, which I actualy just made up on the fly.

I really liked modding this game. There was a lot of intrigue and plotting going on behind the "public" scenes, and it ended in such a way that the entire result could have been reversed had just one choice in the last night phase been changed.

Tsu had the capability of either protecting himself or discovering whether or not a person was a human or werewolf. Because of the business with Staplic, I'd assumed he'd try to protect himself against an attack. But instead he chose to investigate Foxx.
Stitch initialy chose to kill Tsu, but instead changed his target to Deep, based on his character being annoying to him. This meant that one of the werewolves died that night.
The werewolves chose to kill Tsu. If he had protected himself, he would have survived that night.

As you can see, had Tsu chosen to protect himself then the result the next morning would have been 2 humans left and 1 werewolf; a winnable scenario for the humans, provided Tsu could convince Stitch of his innocence. But because he didn't, he died, leaving just two survivors: Foxx and Stitch.

This would have given the werewolves an automatic win had Stitch been a normal Townsperson. But because of his abilities, I felt he would also have a chance at actualy fending off a werewolf attack. This resulted in me over the course of a slow hour in school drawing up three alternate endings.

Alternate Ending #1:
In this ending, there'd be no survivor. Foxx and Stitch, having killed their respective targets, would encounter each other while they were both returning home from their victim's lairs. The two, realising that they were the only two left, would argue, with Stitch becoming steadily more angry. Foxx would reveal that she was the one that murdered his son, provoking Stitch to attack in a maddened rage. Stitch would kill Foxx, but die of the wounds he'd sustained in the battle.

Figuring I should at least leave someone as a winner of the game, I decided to scrap this ending, deciding instead to base the survivor on the flip of a coin: heads and Foxx would live, tails and Stitch would live.

Alternate Ending #2:
This was in the event that the coin came up heads. Foxx would return to the church after killing Tsu, finding Deep's dead body. The death of her master would drive her into a half-mad rage, at which she'd rampage around the town, slaughtering the last few survivors in their homes or as they tried to flee.
As she approaches the farmhouse, Stitch, warned by other people fleeing from her, would set a trap for her. However, she spots the trap and easily avoids it, smashing into the farmhouse to attack Stitch. There'd be a brief battle, at the end of which Stitch would die after the burning farmhouse starts to collapse, parts of the upper floor collapsing on top of him.
Foxx, her blood-lust satisfied, would head towards the next town, ready to start it all over again.

Alternate Ending #3:
This was in the event that the coin came up tails. Stitch, after killing Deep, would start heading back towards his farm again. While passing through the town, he'd hear a commotion coming from Tsu's house. He arrives just in time to see Tsu get his throat torn out by Foxx. Realising that he has a chance to end it all there, he confronts Foxx. Things from here proceed much like the first alternate ending, with Foxx provoking Stitch into a furious assault. The change is that Stitch's wounds are not fatal.

Actual Ending:
The coin came up heads, so I was ready to write AE#2 as planned. However, as I was writing the confrontation between Deep and Stitch, I felt it flowed more naturaly if Stitch was killed during the fight, just barely managing to take Deep down with him. To resolve the Tsu/Foxx confrontation, I decided to have Tsu die in a manner similar to Staplic, as a sort of paralel between them. I then got the idea that this confrontation could spark some sort of cataclysm that would wipe out the remnants of the town, giving Deep and Stitch a sort of hellish background to fight against. The church burning as they fought, and their eventual fall from the top of the bell tower were just made up on the fly as I was writing, with the end result that Stitch nobely sacraficed himself to kill what he believed was the last werewolf.
Unfortunately for him, however, the coin had come up heads, meaning that Foxx lived to fight another day. Feeling that it would be a bit of a cop-out to have her survive a miniature nuke going off by just hiding in the cellar, I made the explosion come from Tsu's chemicals, which he'd hastily thrown together in the hope that it would be a potent weapon. Foxx was safe in the cellar because, as we all know, the greenish-purple brand of explosions only go up, leaving things below them perfectly safe. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

lol...nice
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

So, wanna mod the next one too. :mrgreen:
I really love your story writing skills Rochey. It makes the game enjoyable even when you know you've lost.

So who's doing the next one?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I can't still got soccer going....

But I'm more than willing to play.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

stitch626 wrote:I really love your story writing skills Rochey. It makes the game enjoyable even when you know you've lost.
Thanks. I'm actualy fairly surprised how most of it came out, given that I utterly failed to actualy plan ahead (or adhere to any plans I did make) most of the time, and just ended up typing whatever the hell came into my head as I was in front of the computer.
stitch626 wrote: So who's doing the next one?
I'm happy to mod again if no one else wants to. I quite enjoyed that one. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'll be able to mod in the summer, but before then, I'm swamped
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The really funny thing is that I was planning to change my orders; my computer crapped out last night. :lol:

I may end up having to buy a new one soon. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939