Find the founders V

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Find the founders V

Post by Reliant121 »

Following marks comment, and the inevitability of the last game, we shall get going with this. I will mail all players after telling them who they are etc.

GAME BEGINS HERE

Commander Reliant stood in front of his staff, 6 others all huddled into the relatively cramped command centre of the sensor satellite. Around them was a multitude of complex sensor systems and panels, all probing into swathes of the Dominion held space nearby. From the left and the right were two corridors, both stretching out into the inhabitation area where the crew would get their meals and would sleep in shifts. Down a long jeffrey's tube like structure was the engineering deck, where all the systems could be maintained.
Reliant delicately played his fingers across the main command panel of the satellite, and immediately the rest of the panels sprang into life, glittering with the bluish green Rihannsu text. He turned on his heels, and smiled softly to the others of his team.
"Gentlemen....Officers of the empire...and defenders of the praetor....today is the execution of yet another command of our leader. We will be the eyes of the hawk, the senses to the soldier...We will provide the vision of the military arm of our empire. A great service, I assure you," Reliant preached to his staff. They appeared to be taking note of it, but he suspected they were merely acting to keep up the facade. They all did it. The lower ranks were often less fervent in their love of the empire, certainly less than the good Commander himself. Usually, they all tended to hate him. But fear of his power, and of course the disruptor at his hip, often kept them in check.
"It may not seem that we are significant...a small sensor platform hidden on the edges of our space. But we are a vital link in the network observing every move of the Dominion. We will spot the forces of the enemy long before any others. It is a dangerous mission. Being on the edge of their space makes us a prime target. But we have accepted this post with diligence and we shall not fail our praetor!" he ended with a crescendo, striking a slight reaction in his observers. Centurion Rochey looked as if we was about to fall asleep, much like Centurion Tsukiyumi. The others paid attention, merely because they did not want to invite the wrath of their new commander.
"Our first operation is to establish long range communications with outpost Tra'faehvi. Once that is complete, we will initiate scanning procedures. Centurion's Rochey and Bob, you have first duty. We will interchange in 3 hours. Proceed with your duties!" With that...the Commander departed the room, and went off to his tiny office adjoining the living space.

Later that evening 22:07 PM RHST (Romulus Hour Standard Time)

Commander Reliant stood alone at the primary command station, grasping a hold of his soothing coffee. He had developed a taste for human coffee, and always carried a replicator sequence for it with him. It had an aroma and power that Romulan drinks could not quite copy. Having a quick check over internal sensors, all was well. All of his crew were asleep in their beds, he having sent Centurion Nickswitz to his sleep early. The Commander was very fond of being alone in the evening watch.
Unbeknown to him, as he shut down the panel, a shadow leapt from its bed. Swiftly, it slipped into the ventilation system, spreading its gelatinous body across the insides of the air duct. It stopped at a certain hatch, and below it, was Reliant. Slowly, the lump slid through the bars of the grate. Silently, it slid across the wall and toward a panel.
Reliant turned toward the same panel. Looking at the panel, nothing was out of order. Nickswitz had left a small PADD on the side, covered in what looked like a letter home. Reliant chuckled. It wasn't likely that would reach home any time soon. Turning back to the primary display, he continued his work.
A click sounded behind him, and instinctively he ripped his disruptor from its holster. But it was too late. A sharp pain seared through stomach, and up toward his chest and head. He looked down, and the dark green blood was oozing out of a gaping whole. A hard metal spike sat in the whole, drilling through his torso. It withdrew, drawing the tensed body forward. Reliant looked up...and saw the mocking face of his destroyer; He turned, and tried to write a message on the display. He never finished it. The metal spike struck straight through his head, piercing the skin on the other side through the forhead and disrupting the ridge. The blood, sickly green now, spread itself across the panel. The spike withdrew just as fast; leaving him slumped on the panel, his hand landing squarely on the display. The gelatinous creature removed itself from the room. It had not noticed. The panel read, in Rihannsu "Foun"....Reliant never had the chance to finish.
The founder had reached the barracks, and tapped the shoulder of its comrade. There was only a short discourse.
"One, executed."
"confirmed."
It returned to its bed, and descended into slumber.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the founders V

Post by Mark »

:::enters room:::

Commander, I am here to relieve you.

:::Looks around:::

Comman.....................

:::sees body and slaps console:::

GREEN ALERT!!!!!
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:: running in the room ::

What's the emer... oh no. Who the...

:: looks at the body, face getting slightly green ::

Well, don't need a tricorder to say he is definitely dead.
Judging from the amount of blood, the wound is very deep. Time of death... well without a tricorder, sometime between when I went to bed and when you walked into the room.

:: grabs two disrupters from a locker and hands one to Mark ::

Here. We can't trust anyone, so keep armed at all times.
And whatever you do, don't touch the body or any of the consoles. Hopefully we can keep some order here while trying to figure things out.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*Hurries into the room*

What's the emergen.....oh.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:::spins with disrupter raised:::

Damn!

:::lowers dispruter:::

It's seems the Commander will be late for duty tomorrow.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Mark, don't try top shoot everything that moves... we have a big enough of a mess as it is.
And Rochey, grab a disruptor if you want one. I'm sure they'll go fast when everyone else shows up.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

Gah, I hate these alarms, what happe...ned
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

*enters room silently*

I already have my standard-issue weapon, Centurion. And, what happened is quite clear. Look on the console over there; the one smeared with the last of the Commander's life. It says: F-O-U-N. I don't believe he was trying to write "fountain", do you? Clearly, we have shape-shifters on board. They must be eliminated as soon as possible.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Blast those gelatenous metamorphs. I cannot understand WHY the Preator considered an allience with them.

:::looking around, wondering if he said too much:::

But, I'm sure he knows best. And they showed there true colors when the assasinated a Romulan politician to cover up the fact they planned to invade us.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yes, that was inexcusable. They would've been wise to leave us out of the war completely; even wiser not to have come here. We will expose you, shape-shifters, and we will destroy you.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Well, nice to see my comrades so eager. Exactly how do you figure on us discovering his identity... or their identities if more than one?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Deductive reasoning, among other things.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yes, of course. But at the moment, what is there to deduce? And what do we do after we find a Founder? And what do we do if we are wrong? And what about when we go to sleep, eventually?
I just want to make sure we don't kill each other in a desperate attempt to stay alive. It wouldn't look very good on our service records.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:::gives Stitch a chilly stare:::

First, we can begin to deduce WHO may be acting singularly un-Romulan like.

Second, what do we do AFTER we find the shapeshifter? We probebly should try and bring him to the Tal'Shiar for interregation, but "accidents" happen. I doubt he'll survive discovery.

And as for the rest of your statements, your sounding like a coward. Or worse........a human.

:::turns away in contempt:::
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And your sounding like a Klingon! You're ready to kill without thinking. Acting like those brainless clogs will only get us all killed; we need to be rational and think clearly... none of which a Klingon can do.

As for me acting human, well they rub off on you after 6 months at a multi-species medical conference.