Star Trek: Beyond Norwegian Trailer (It's English language)

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Star Trek: Beyond Norwegian Trailer (It's English language)

Post by Nutso »

Official Paramount trailer.
Last edited by Nutso on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Beyond Norwegian Trailer (It's English langua

Post by Jim »

It is funny how a good song can take something cool and make it amazing.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Damnit...broke down and watched it....now I am angry with myself because they always give - imho - way to much away in those trailers.....

...still...looks promising imho.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I have to admit, I never thought of pairing 'Trek and the Beastier Boys... but it's a damn good mix.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:I have to admit, I never thought of pairing 'Trek and the Beastier Boys... but it's a damn good mix.
It's in the first of the new films. Child Kirk was playing it in his step dad's car when he was being chased by the police, before driving it over the cliff.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

IanKennedy wrote:
Mikey wrote:I have to admit, I never thought of pairing 'Trek and the Beastier Boys... but it's a damn good mix.
It's in the first of the new films. Child Kirk was playing it in his step dad's car when he was being chased by the police, before driving it over the cliff.
I completely forgot.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So the Abramsprise is destroyed?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

@McAvoy please do not post any details of the film without using the Spoiler tag.
email, ergo spam
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

McAvoy wrote:
So the Abramsprise is destroyed?
That was my first thought as well....
...but after watching it again...it might just be heavily damaged. We don't see it explode and there are a number of reasons why they'd abandon ship. The weapons used look more like boarding torpedoes..so maybe they (whoever "they" are) just disabled the ship, boarded it and a few people made it to escape pods. I don't think the ship is gone
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

IanKennedy wrote:
Now that I'm thinking of it, wasn't the Beasties playing in the beginning of Into Darkness as well, when Kirk was in bed with the two girls?
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

The need for spoiler tags...
:picard:
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:The need for spoiler tags...
If you want an open discussion then feel free to create a thread that has a spoiler warning in the title, BUT, please do not talk openly in a thread that doesn't warn people that they may be spoiled.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

IanKennedy wrote:
Jim wrote:The need for spoiler tags...
If you want an open discussion then feel free to create a thread that has a spoiler warning in the title, BUT, please do not talk openly in a thread that doesn't warn people that they may be spoiled.
If you open a thread titled "Star Trek: Beyond" what do you think/expect to be in it? 4 pages of "I can't wait!"? A thread titled "Star Trek: Beyond" should, by default, be discussion on what the movie is about, including what people hope is in it, what people think is in it and what people have heard is in it. That is the default topics for a thread of a movie/etc. Simply by opening the thread you should expect such discussions, period.

else...

Post 1: I hope that it is good

Reply: me too

Seriously, what else would one even expect in such a thread?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:
IanKennedy wrote: If you want an open discussion then feel free to create a thread that has a spoiler warning in the title, BUT, please do not talk openly in a thread that doesn't warn people that they may be spoiled.
If you open a thread titled "Star Trek: Beyond" what do you think/expect to be in it? 4 pages of "I can't wait!"? A thread titled "Star Trek: Beyond" should, by default, be discussion on what the movie is about, including what people hope is in it, what people think is in it and what people have heard is in it. That is the default topics for a thread of a movie/etc. Simply by opening the thread you should expect such discussions, period.

else...

Post 1: I hope that it is good

Seriously, what else would one even expect in such a thread?
I expect you and everyone else to stick to the rules of the forum, which clearly state no open discussion of spoilers without some sort of warning to other users. It's a courtesy to others who don't want to be spoiled.

As for what could be in such a thread when the film hasn't even come out yet, lots of options. Theories about what you would like to see are often discussed, actors you think would be good in a given role. There are plenty of options without destroying the film for other people. It's hardly difficult to start a thread called "Star Trek: Beyond (spoilers)", just as Graham did for the new Star Wars film.

Anyhow those are the rules and if you don't like them you are more than welcome to start your own website and set your own rules. !ouch)
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

IanKennedy wrote:I expect you and everyone else to stick to the rules of the forum, which clearly state no open discussion of spoilers without some sort of warning to other users. It's a courtesy to others who don't want to be spoiled.

As for what could be in such a thread when the film hasn't even come out yet, lots of options. Theories about what you would like to see are often discussed, actors you think would be good in a given role. There are plenty of options without destroying the film for other people. It's hardly difficult to start a thread called "Star Trek: Beyond (spoilers)", just as Graham did for the new Star Wars film.

Anyhow those are the rules and if you don't like them you are more than welcome to start your own website and set your own rules. !ouch)
Hey, if you want to be illogical then that is your bag, it is your site. All I did was posted a facepalm. However, a said rule about spoilers is NOT in the Rules, Guidelines and Helpful hints post... just saying. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2269 Even this doesn't say that it is a must viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3943&hilit=spoiler

How does seeing a spoiler destroy a movie for someone? Are you suggesting that once you see a movie one time it is destroyed for you, as you know what happens because you basically watched the spoilers?

What if you post a spoiler to something else in a thread. Like... Ming gets impaled by the front of the Ajax...?

When does a spoiler stop being a spoiler? The day after something is released? A week? A year? Flash Gordon came out 35 years ago but did I break the non written spoiler rule with my comment above? Kong dies in the end. If you post that about the original movie, or the 80s remake, or the Jack Black remake... but in a thread about the new remake that they are making... is that a spoiler?