Star Trek: Beyond Norwegian Trailer (It's English language)

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek: Beyond Norwegian Trailer (It's English langua

Post by IanKennedy »

I'm not debating it with you. Those are the rules. Please stick to them.

There is also a rule about not being an ass.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

IanKennedy wrote:I'm not debating it with you. Those are the rules. Please stick to them.

There is also a rule about not being an ass.
But it wasn't a rule, as I pointed out and linked. No rule stating it. I actually looked.

All I did was posted a face palm, then commented on logic of spoilers and then asked some questions on spoilers and direct questions on your direct comments.

I asked some very serious and important questions about when a spoiler stops being a spoiler, and instead of being helpful you ignored the questions and called me an ass instead. If you have some overblown fear/hate for spoilers then that is something then whatever. Again, I posted a facepalm and this escalated based on what YOU said, including calling me an ass.

If you want spoiler tags to be a rule, as opposed to a curtisy, then make it a rule and then there would be no reason for you to get belligerent with posters over the topic.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Not for nothing, but the title of this thread also mentions the trailer, not the film itself. Your point concerning your expectation that the film would be discussed in this thread is therefore moot. Aside from that, as Ian said, it's the Kennedys' sandbox.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Personally I don't see the issue. It's a thread about a trailer. The trailer is posted in the thread itself. If you don't want to be spoiled what the trailer shows then you don't click on the thread itself.

It's not different then going on another forum and clicking on review of an episode. The title won't say spoiler, but it's a given there will be some

Besides I never heard about spoiler alerts for trailers. For all I know I am wrong.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Careful, you'll get called an ass and therefore be threatened with disciplinary action even if all that you did was asked relevant and actually important questions on the topic being discussed (time frame, off topic "spoiler" (the Flash Gordon comment), "destroying"?, etc).

From the Rules/Guidelines page: "If you are in a debate with other members on the board, then it is expected that you will debate in an honest and rational way." - Apparently does not mean anything as my comments were honest and rational, unlike "destroying". Then again, there is no actual rule about using spoiler tags so that makes it 0 for 2 in this thread.

That is an honest and rational post by the way...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

And yet you keep on going. So lets put it in simple terms that everyone can understand. This is our website, we have rules. Keep to those rules without winning about them. If I say don't do something then take that as a rule.

I've said this before but I'll reiterate it for you. This site is a private place, paid for and run by Graham and myself out of our own pockets. It costs us good money to provide this place and as such you are here are guests and we expect you to behave as such. Treat it as if you where in my home. Arguing about what the rules may or may not be when asked by the host if the very definition of being an ass.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

IanKennedy wrote:This is our website, we have rules.
IT IS NOT IN THE RULES. That is what I am saying. If you want spoilers to be a "rule" THEN MAKE THEM A RULE! You have a page of rules and guidelines with "spoilers" not in there. I am not even saying that you should not want/enforce the use of spoilers, but you are saying that they are the rule BUT THEY ARE NOT A RULE!

:bangwall:

Even "I" said that this is your site so what you say goes... I am pointing out that you are saying it is a rule BUT IT IS NOT IN THE RULES!

What are you not understanding about that? Seriously!

Arguing about what is in the WRITTEN RULES of the site is NOT being an ass, it is pointing out an error on YOUR part and being logical about the topic being discussed. Having a list of rules and saying that something is a rule that is NOT on that list is being an ass.

I also asked a few VERY important questions about the "suposid" spoiler rule and you have repeatedly ignored them. Ignoring important and topical questions is the very definition of being an ass.

If you want this conversation to end then make spoilers an actual rule and answer the questions. This could have ended 5 posts ago had you just done that instead of flexing and calling me an ass FOR NO REASON.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

So you want me to explain my logic in a way even an idiot can understand. I wouldnt have thought you needed it, but, here goes:

1) I asked, very politely, that you use spoiler tags to talk about features of a as yet unreleased movie. Either that or to use a thread marked as a spoiler warning.
2) You whine about the request, but do follow it.
3) I point out that we have rules and not to argue about it.
4) You start pointing out that there's no rules about spoilers.

So here's were you are going wrong. When I made the request it was done in green text. As the last rule in the petty short list pointed out green text is not just a request but a requirement. It's not something up for discussion and to argue with it pushes you towards breaking the first rule. Nothing to so with spoilers and their use so stop getting hung up on it and follow the rules.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

So, just to clarify: We should search through every post in every thread to find any green text to make sure that we are not breaking a rule that is not in the Rules and Guidelines thread which is where rules and guidelines should go.

Got it.

That's all that you had to say.

And thanks for answering my questions.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I said it has nothing to do with spoilers. It has everything to do with arguing about things when told to do stuff in green. If you don't get that now you clearly never will.
email, ergo spam