Trek XIII general news and rumours

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trek XIII general news and rumours

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:God imagine the huge traffic spike if the site was referenced in regards to this movie.
:Drool1:

Yeah, I bet you Memory Alpha saw a spike from that mention. Good for them. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I guess he never got the coffee mug you sent.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Exclusive ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Photos: New Costumes, New Characters and More! The link will take you to the webpage which has the images in a slideshow.
*EXCLUSIVE* Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Sofia Boutella and Anton Yelchin film on a spaceship on the set of "Star Trek Beyond"

*EXCLUSIVE* Vancouver, BC - Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Sofia Boutella and Anton Yelchin shoot "Star Trek Beyond" scenes on what looks like the top of a spaceship vessel that is surrounded by green screens while filming in Vancouver, Canada. During a break Sophia gives Chris Pine a pat on his behind to tell him to get into the spaceship.
Star Trek Beyond has been filming in Vancouver for the last month, but has been doing most of its work indoors, where prying eyes can’t get an early look at the new costumes and new characters. Well, that all changed this week as director Justin Lin took the Star Trek cast and crew outside to shoot a big action scene and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the film, including the new Starfleet uniforms and a major new character in the franchise!

Stars Chris Pine, Simon Pegg (who also co-wrote the script with Doug Jung), Anton Yelchin and newcomer Sofia Boutella (the woman with the knives for feet from Kingsman: The Secret Service) were rehearsing and filming for about three hours. In the scene, Kirk and Boutella’s character emerge from a damaged spacecraft (surrounded on set by a giant green screen), while the latter uses some sort of device before Scotty and Chekov safely, but carefully, exit the vessel.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Star Trek Beyond has been filming in Vancouver for the last month, but has been doing most of its work indoors, where prying eyes can’t get an early look at the new costumes and new characters. Well, that all changed this week as director Justin Lin took the Star Trek cast and crew outside to shoot a big action scene and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the film, including the new Starfleet uniforms and a major new character in the franchise!
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I like the uniforms although they look a little like Ent. The alien looks stupid.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nutso wrote:Is she one of these aliens from Into Darkness but, prettied up so the viewers will like her?
Doesn't look like - wrong facial markings, hair, and the style of clothing is significantly different from both the STID aliens and Starfleet.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Maybe they have as much diversity as humans do?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:Maybe they have as much diversity as humans do?
That would allow us to ignore the different markings, but we've still got the complete lack of hair on the STIDs, and the completely different clothing. The latter is, I think, particularly important, as it indicates that the new character is likely to be a member of a non-Starfleet spacefaring organisation, rather than a member of a preindustrial society scooped up and given Starfleet kit in the absence of any other available clothing.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

http://trekcore.com/blog/2015/09/idris- ... yond-role/
Idris Elba Talks About His ‘Groundbreaking,’ ‘Complex’ STAR TREK BEYOND Villian Role
"Simon [Pegg] and the team have written a very interesting, complex journey for my character. You’ve never seen me play a character like this.

I think 'Star Trek' has prided themselves as being quite classic when it comes to villains, like 'he's a guy who wants to end the world,' there’s no doubt about that. But in this version of the film, there’s a slightly different twist to that.

It’s quite an interesting journey, which I think is groundbreaking for the franchise. But, it still keeps with the 'classic bad guy is a classic bad guy' tone."
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

New ship design for the movie has been released

Interesting. If that thing at the front is a bridge window, then this ship is absolutely tiny by most Trek standards - maybe a couple of hundred feet long at most. One estimate I've seen is 60 m (197 ft) for length, and a saucer diameter of 42 m (138 ft). I think that would make it the smallest ship in Trek history - smaller than the Oberth, smaller than the Defiant. Hell, it's not even three times the length of a Runabout!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That could be a deflector dish or something. The thing above it looks like a bridge too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Maybe, but a bridge window seems to be a JJ universe thing.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It seems more like a deflector due to its glow and lack of other deflector. But even going by the other windows this is small ship. Like a torpedo boat.

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

That's definitely a bridge window, IMO. The position is just too spot on to be cincidental.

Apparently it's based on the Loknar class from FASA.