USS Vengeance specifications

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: USS Vengeance specifications

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:We are assuming of course that Neo-E has a similar speed as the E-nil of Primeverse.
Which opens up the rather nasty can of worms that is the speed of NCC-1701, be it original, refit or new.

A few examples:

Original: traveled close to 1000 light years, probably in less than a day, in That Which Survives, and 1600 light years, probably in no more than a few days, following Arena.

Refit: capable of traveling from Earth to Vulcan (16 light years) in four days per TMP, and the E-A allegedly reached the galactic core from the Neutral Zone (minimum 19000 light years) in 7 hours.

New: Earth to Vulcan in at most a few hours in XI.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

McAvoy wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:Um, shouldn't the Vengeance be a class of its own? Not sure how you got "Constitution."

Neo-E is Constitution Class.

The Vengeance is something entirely new and different. At least that was my impression, I mean they certainly look nothing alike.
The specs above appear to be of the Neo-E.

So anyway, the Vengeance is the first of its class.
OH.

That's what I get for not reading. :lol:
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Didn't Khan say it was a Dreadnaught Class?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Don't recall.But Dreadnought is usually more of genre of ship, like Battleship, rather than a class name.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Yes, he said "Dreadnaught Class"
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Don't recall.But Dreadnought is usually more of genre of ship, like Battleship, rather than a class name.
IIRC, Franz Joseph had a TOS Dreadnought-class before Roddenberry got all pissy and invented the idea of canon to shut Joseph down.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Don't recall.But Dreadnought is usually more of genre of ship, like Battleship, rather than a class name.
Dreadnought is referred to a class of battleship that outclassed the previous battleship type.

So you could suppose that he meant this ship was a bigger and better version than the previous battleship type they had.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Or it's a proper dreadnought - an all-big-gun battleship with no intermediate armament.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm still betting on it being a reference to the Dreadnought named in the TOS TM.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote:Or it's a proper dreadnought - an all-big-gun battleship with no intermediate armament.
Hmm. Well does the Abramsverse Fed ships have a intermediatary armament?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:Or it's a proper dreadnought - an all-big-gun battleship with no intermediate armament.
Possibly those pop-up CIWS-like cannons we see on the Kelvin?

Also... (bear with me here, I don't want to sound too crazy) it could be that since the exact phrase Khan uses is "dreadnought class," he could in fact mean the class name of the ship is "dreadnought class."

But that might be too crazy. :poke:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Also... (bear with me here, I don't want to sound too crazy) it could be that since the exact phrase Khan uses is "dreadnought class," he could in fact mean the class name of the ship is "dreadnought class."

:D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
McAvoy wrote:
Possibly those pop-up CIWS-like cannons we see on the Kelvin?

Also... (bear with me here, I don't want to sound too crazy) it could be that since the exact phrase Khan uses is "dreadnought class," he could in fact mean the class name of the ship is "dreadnought class."

Yes. It is a Dreadnaught Class ship, not a class of dreadnought ships.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Possibly. So there would be two ships of that class at least. Now off hand I don't remember how the movie presented the ship, if it was a unique one off or she was just presented as just a really powerful ship.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I wouldnt be so sure on the at least two, it was apparently a secret ship.

That being said, it did seem to be an amazing design and Starfleet would be stupid not to build it....

Which fucks over future movies as if the Federation has that... Everyone else is fucked.

And the E-Neo is now totally obsolete.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.