USS Vengeance specifications

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

USS Vengeance specifications

Post by Meste17 »

Hey, so I see that the USS Vengeance, seen in Into Darkness, is supposed to be twice the size of the "new" USS Enterprise, and three times the speed, with advanced weaponry. I wonder if she is three times the strength as well.

With that in mind, here are the specs my friend Graham and his friends have put for the new Enterprise:

Affiliation : Temporal Ships
Class Name : Constitution Class
Type : Explorer
Unit Run :
NCC 1701 USS Enterprise - Active
The class remains in production.
Commissioned : 2258 - present
Dimensions : Length : 762 m
Beam : 335 m
Height : 190 m
Decks : 54
Mass : 495,000 metric tons
Crew : 1,100
Armament : 12 x phaser banks, total output 5,000 TeraWatts
2 x Type 4 Photon torpedo tube
Defence Systems : Standard shield system, total capacity 2,010 TeraJoules
Standard Monotanium Double hull.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field
Warp Speeds
(TOS scale) : Normal Cruise : 6
Maximum Cruise : 8
Strength Indices :
(Galaxy class = 1,000) Beam Firepower : 100
Torpedo Firepower : 200
Weapon Range and Accuracy : -
Shield Strength : 0.74
Hull Armour : 10
Speed : -
Combat Manoeuvrability : 1,200
Overall Strength Index : 93

Is anyone willing to help do the specs to reflect the Vengeance?
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: USS Vengeance specifications

Post by Jim »

0.74, on a scale of 1000? Yowza!
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Shields need to be higher. The combat maneuverability needs to be lower. TThe tonnage should be higher.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tonnage should be on the order of 8 million tons - the neo-E is over twice the length, and therefore around eight times the volume and mass, of the E-nil.

Personally I'd be tempted to use the neo-E as a baseline for the Abramsverse, as Graham used the GCS as a baseline for the Geneverse, and go from there. We don't have the overlap needed to derive relative strengths.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yead, the new universe is so different you need a new base line, the only way to compare the universes is the Neo V the Nevara, then compare the Neo to other ships.

But as for this rating, Maneuverability down to around 400 I'd say Shield.... well, its big, which means a large shield, but its also seems to have a huge core. This universe seems to use the older bubble shield and not form fitting ones... so its hard to judge.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I agree that and it harder to show a difference between two ships when the numbers are smaller. Especially proportional.

The ship is a battleship and should reflect that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I imagin the only number that would be considerably higher is armor.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Jim wrote:0.74, on a scale of 1000? Yowza!
Right? O_O O_O
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Captain Seafort wrote:Tonnage should be on the order of 8 million tons - the neo-E is over twice the length, and therefore around eight times the volume and mass, of the E-nil.

Personally I'd be tempted to use the neo-E as a baseline for the Abramsverse, as Graham used the GCS as a baseline for the Geneverse, and go from there. We don't have the overlap needed to derive relative strengths.
Agreed. However, we DO at least have an idea as to the speed of the Vengeance.....if only a somewhat vague impression. Khan IS quoted in the movie as saying that the Vengeance is "twice the size, three times the speed" of the Enterprise.

So, if we were to assume that Graham's estimate of the max cruising speed of the Enterprise is Warp 8, then we can derive this equation:

Warp 8 = 512 x c

512 x 3 (three times the speed) = 1,536 x c

Vengeance max cruising speed = 1,536 x c, aka Warp 11.538 (TOS old scale of course).
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A few points on speed.

Three times the speed, is most likely refereing to maximum sustained Warp as that is the most relivant point when traveling from A to B.

Three times as fast... is a lot. But Khan doesnt strike me as a person to exageragte just to make a point, so I think it must be between, say, 2.8 and 3.2 times as fast.

And from what we see on screen, the Ent runs away from it, and the Vengance closes the gap very fast, although it doesnt seem to be 3 times as fast, but that could be put down to the damage.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

We are assuming of course that Neo-E has a similar speed as the E-nil of Primeverse.

Then again Warp 11 is within a realm of possibility as its still slower than TNG speeds.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Um, shouldn't the Vengeance be a class of its own? Not sure how you got "Constitution."

Neo-E is Constitution Class.

The Vengeance is something entirely new and different. At least that was my impression, I mean they certainly look nothing alike.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The class is usually named after the first ship. So.ot really is the Vengance class.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

LaughingCheese wrote:Um, shouldn't the Vengeance be a class of its own? Not sure how you got "Constitution."

Neo-E is Constitution Class.

The Vengeance is something entirely new and different. At least that was my impression, I mean they certainly look nothing alike.
The specs above appear to be of the Neo-E.

So anyway, the Vengeance is the first of its class.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Come to think of it, similar premise to Nemesis. Massive super secret uber warship appears out of no where.