Future events in the Abrahms timeline?

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Future events in the Abrahms timeline?

Post by Black Jesus »

If there were to be a new Trek tv series, it'd be interesting if it were set in the 24th century of the Abramsverse.

Or it would run the risk of being derivative, simply reusing stories from TNG et al, with a tiny spin--a whole series of the reused/flipped WoK/Darkness death scene.

I'm on the fence about my own idea.
dagadget
Senior chief petty officer

Post by dagadget »

Griffin wrote:I dunno, fucking about with the timeline even more doesn't seem like the safest thing to do

Spock has a history of using Logic to his own ends and getting all of his race back would count strongly in this because it would be the logical thing to do.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Risking the entire federation and beyond to save relativly few doesn't strike me as especially logical. Quite the opposite in fact.
Bite my shiny metal ass
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Perhaps Spock was aware of something that would risk the Federation if he spoke about such things.

Maybe he knows about S31 and is worried that they would be able to change the Federation if they knew what was coming.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
dagadget

Post by dagadget »

Griffin wrote:Risking the entire federation and beyond to save relativly few doesn't strike me as especially logical. Quite the opposite in fact.
6 Billion would be considered a few in light of the Trillions in the Federation. Still if a logical way to eliminate that star before the Nova happened without destroying anything else I am sure Spock would consider it.
dagadget

Post by dagadget »

stitch626 wrote:Perhaps Spock was aware of something that would risk the Federation if he spoke about such things.

Maybe he knows about S31 and is worried that they would be able to change the Federation if they knew what was coming.
I am certain that Spock probably is aware of Section 31. In fact the Abrams universe version is a lot more active that the original timeline version ever seemed to be. Very good point regardless. Now the USS Vengeance technology should be incorporated into the Trek Universe now that someone other than section 31 staff (Scotty) are aware of that shipyard orbiting Jupiter.
dagadget

Post by dagadget »

Black Jesus wrote:If there were to be a new Trek tv series, it'd be interesting if it were set in the 24th century of the Abramsverse.

Or it would run the risk of being derivative, simply reusing stories from TNG et al, with a tiny spin--a whole series of the reused/flipped WoK/Darkness death scene.

I'm on the fence about my own idea.

Now seeing a Galaxy Class starship or a Sovereign class set in the new timeline would be very interesting to see. There would be different plot twists to be had and that Supernova would still be there to deal with as well. The Borg and the Dominion also come to mind...... I just wonder if the shield tech would ever come up to speed with the original timeline. The shields of the original seemed much stronger than anything seen in Abrams Verse has up to this point.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Spock will try to stop the supernova in order to save the romulan system, that would be the right thing to do. Unless of course they are loosing a war with the RSE or something like that and they really want to hurt them. On the other hand, he can't save Vulcan because it has already been destroyed.
One may supose that some vulcans could conclude that coming together with romulans is the logical thing to do in order to save their species.

He of course should tell SF/UFP about the whale probe, Vger, Doomsday machine and the likes, also the borg, because all of them are real and apocalypse level threats to the UFP and the Alpha/Beta quadrants (If not all of the galaxy) and they can´t do much to avoid them, just survive them when they come.
Last edited by SomosFuga on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Why in this time line SF wasn't surprised when they saw that the romulans look like vulcans?
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
dagadget

Post by dagadget »

SomosFuga wrote:Why in this time line SF wasn't surprised when they saw that the romulans look like vulcans?
Now this is a very good question. I wonder what else was missed between the Kelvin and the Vulcan destruction that we are not aware of...
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Presumably with the shaved head and tatoos, they didn't look like Vulcans. Heck, did Nero even have pointy ears, I can't remember?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Griffin wrote:Presumably with the shaved head and tatoos, they didn't look like Vulcans. Heck, did Nero even have pointy ears, I can't remember?

Although interestingly, whilst he was in prison something seems to have tried to bite his head off and got a chunk of his ear :

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I thought that was supposed to an injury when the ship was damaged from Thor ramming it with the Kelvin?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Black Jesus »

In a deleted scene his ear is chomped off during a fight on Rura Penthe.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Well, I stand corrected. I wouldn't necceserially assume they looked like Vulcans (If I were in starfleet), especially since I don't belive they got an extended look at them.
Bite my shiny metal ass