2 new TV shows in development

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Jim
Captain
Captain

2 new TV shows in development

Post by Jim »

I wasn't sure where to put this link, but I figured that they would probably be based more off of the Abrams universe than the classic one.

1) SFIS - Star Fleet Investigative Section: Would follow a basic police procedural template. Each episode would have a “crime of the week”. The breakdowns of plot lines have episodes taking place on other star ships, space stations, asteroid mines, alien planet and back here on Earth. While many plot lines will involve murders, the crew will also be looking into kidnappings, cargo pirating, sabotages, alien spies, and space age war crimes.

2) Star Trek: Pierce: A heavy rescue star ship. In the outline we got, the USS Pierce is described as being a new breed of starship with a prototype “warp Jump drive”. The warp jump is able to open an artificial wormhole between to wormhole generators. Starfleet vessels in the show have emergency beacons that contain one half of the wormhole generator. The USS Pierce also caries deployable probes that make up the other half of the wormhole generator. The typical episode plotlines will have some ship, space station or other exotic location befall some disaster or unknown medical outbreak.

http://callthecops.net/cbs-developing-n ... ion-shows/
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 new TV shows in development

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Law and Order : Star Trek wouldn't interest me very much at all.

The other one sounds a bit weird. Is there really a disaster every single week to justify this ship?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Ugh. Pass.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Seems to be a satire site
The websites about section wrote: About Us

Call the Cops

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact. Heck we tend to leave in spelling and grammer errors just to prove we is not the professional media. No reference of an individual, company, or government entity seeks to inflict malice or emotional harm.

Any statement made by authors on this page should not be considered the opinions of agencies they are employed by.

Copyright Violations

We make every effort to use photos and images that are in the public domain. If we have made an error and used a photo that you hold a copyright to, we will take it down as soon as you notify us. Please use the Contact US form to notify us of the image you own the rights to. To speed the process up please provide a link to the story the image is in so there is no mistake as to which image and in which story. Thanks!

Link
Bite my shiny metal ass
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

MY BAD!!! Sorry everyone!!!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

How about Star Trek: Cops? The Federation street patrol mopping up the Fed criminals who commit such heinous crimes as not bettering one's self, or carrying money.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:How about Star Trek: Cops? The Federation street patrol mopping up the Fed criminals who commit such heinous crimes as not bettering one's self, or carrying money.
Like this?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:MY BAD!!! Sorry everyone!!!
Thanks goods for that. They sounded awful. :)
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

CSI: Star Trek

Pimp my Ship: xTreme Enterprise edition.

Mudd's Pawn Ship.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I think they sounded okay, just not as Star Trek shows
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Nutso wrote:How about Star Trek: Cops? The Federation street patrol mopping up the Fed criminals who commit such heinous crimes as not bettering one's self, or carrying money.
Like this?
If there's another Trek TV series, I want Ted Shackelford in it.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

McAvoy wrote:...Mudd's Pawn Ship.
:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I wouldn't mind if a TV show that combines Firefly into the Trek universe. In fact that would be awesome.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:I wouldn't mind if a TV show that combines Firefly into the Trek universe. In fact that would be awesome.
So the Ent turns up and arrests them. They end up in the brig. End of episode.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I liked the idea of the crime on a bit. The rescue one seemed a bit of a stretch.