Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Sf Debris: "Star Trek: Into Darkness" Mini-review

Post by Captain Seafort »

Chuck's pretty much hit the nail on the head with his view of the Abramsverse films in general - they're fun, the plots hang together fairly well, but they don't quite have the final polish to make them great. The only area I significantly disagree with him is regarding the theme - I thought it was pretty clear that the core of the film, while the development of the friendship between Kirk and Spock was there, more important was Kirk learning (or rather, having it hammered into his head by Khan and the Vengeance) that his seat of the pants style will get people killed. The execution left something to be desired, but fundamentally this was this Kirk's Farragut moment.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

I think both Chuck and Confused Mathew had excellent points about the film. While I will say it was slightly better than the 2009 film both in my opinion could have been a lot better.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

A fairly bland review.

I hope his full one is more satisfying.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It's a fairly bland movie. It has some good special effects, gives Kirk and Spock some serious character growth and... well that's about it. It's not a bad action movie but it's not a great Trek film.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Its a 2D movie, but it has some great moment tos be mocked and made fun of. This was never going to be a deep meaningful review like WOK so why make it so. Have fun with it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.