Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

'Star Trek Into Darkness' Beams Up One-Day-Earlier Debut

Post by Nutso »

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/s ... ebut-89771
By Brent Lang
Follow @BrentALang

"Stark Trek Into Darkness" has moved up its official opening by a day, Paramount Pictures said Tuesday.

Trekkies will now be able to take in the latest adventures of Capt. Kirk and the U.S.S. Enterprise crew next Thursday, May 16, instead of having to wait until Friday, when the film was slated to hit theaters. Although, presumably Paramount would have offered late night showings of the sequel on Thursday, as is the custom with major tentpole releases.

In addition, Paramount said IMAX theaters are reporting sell-outs of its special sneak peek shows of the J.J. Abrams-directed film. The studio had already scheduled a special IMAX debut of the film on May 15, two days before its domestic premiere, which makes the announcement that the premiere of the film has been moved up somewhat puzzling. The official release date is evidently a very malleable concept.

The studio said IMAX showings in Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, Minneapolis and Washington, D.C., are now at capacity.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Beams Up One-Day-Earlier Debut

Post by Teaos »

T minus 9 days.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.