USS Vengeance !!!SPOILERS!!!

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: USS Vengeance

Post by Vic »

I like "Torus of Terror"! Good one Graham.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

To let in more natural light...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I saw one of the earlier trailers. There are shots of a ship colliding with buildings. In one shot shows a ship's deflector/ secondary hull. It appears to be the USS Vengeance.

It is the trailer with the super hot blonde woman who has an amazing athletic body in her underwear.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

McAvoy wrote:I saw one of the earlier trailers. There are shots of a ship colliding with buildings. In one shot shows a ship's deflector/ secondary hull. It appears to be the USS Vengeance.

It is the trailer with the super hot blonde woman who has an amazing athletic body in her underwear.
Thanks for that info (good eye!). I've seen that same trailer but didn't catch that the colliding ship might not be the big E as you might expect. If true the latest giant supership from the twisted imagination of JJ Abrams isn't as mighty as it appears, at least not in comparison with the Awesomeness of Kirk.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think we didn't catch it because we assumed it was the Enterprise and we didn't know about the Vengeance.

Either what we are seeing is the ending after Enterprise crew kicks butt or it is a plot by Anti Kirk as a distraction or something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I just saw the same trailer again. I am surprised none of us picked up on the fact he ship has skinny nacelles. The E-nil in this universe has fat and wide nacelles. You can see the outline when the ship hits the water.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

To be honest.....imho that doesn't look so much as a movie ship but more something made for star trek online or any other computer game.

I am not talking design here, just quality.........it just doesn't look "real" to me, sorry.

Now the enterprise and uss kelvin looked almost like real life models.....but that thing.....looks clearly cgi like the E-E renders in Insurrection and Nemesis.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Vic wrote:I like "Torus of Terror"! Good one Graham.
Given any bad guy is pretty much an ass... The Anus's Annulus...
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Maybe the nacelles do some funky morphing thing to.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Just one thought, that pod like thing in he centre of the hole looks very much like a 'transporter room' in action.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

An edition to the long range transporter Scott made? Transporting shuttles and large craft?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Er, a transporter? That seems kind of an odd place...

I'm still hoping its the bridge, as unrealistic and vulnerable as it might be a giant balcany style command center would be awesome.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

LaughingCheese wrote:Er, a transporter? That seems kind of an odd place...

I'm still hoping its the bridge, as unrealistic and vulnerable as it might be a giant balcany style command center would be awesome.
You're probably right, JJ loves Star Wars and they always use vulnerables bridge with giant windows awaiting fighters to crash inside.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

DarkMoineau wrote:

You're probably right, JJ loves Star Wars and they always use vulnerables bridge with giant windows awaiting fighters to crash inside.

LOL

Hopefully for Starfleet there are no A-Wings in this movie!! :lol:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Not like it would have great view. They would be staring am right into their own ship.