Final US Domestic Trailer Revealed

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Final US Domestic Trailer Revealed

Post by Sonic Glitch »

And here is the third (and final?) domestic trailer I believe,

Apple trailers

Trekmovie.com.

I'm getting more and more excited.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Final US Domestic Trailer Revealed

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Holy shit. :shock:

What the hell is happening? Is it just me, or is that some super huge Federation ship Harrison is apparently captaining? Is he from the future timeline of this universe, perhaps?

Also, that answers the question of whether that's the E rising out of the water.

It is.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Holy shit. :shock:

What the hell is happening? Is it just me, or is that some super huge Federation ship Harrison is apparently captaining? Is he from the future timeline of this universe, perhaps?

Also, that answers the question of whether that's the E rising out of the water.

It is.
Is that a good "Holy shit. :shock:" or a bad "Holy shit. :shock:" ?

It looks like a really huge Federation ship -- trekmovie.com i believe referenced "Dreadnaught." This merely pushes me further into thinking Harrison is part of some black, Section 31-esque agency.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Is that a good "Holy shit. :shock:" or a bad "Holy shit. :shock:" ?
Definitely good. :)
Sonic Glitch wrote:It looks like a really huge Federation ship -- trekmovie.com i believe referenced "Dreadnaught." This merely pushes me further into thinking Harrison is part of some black, Section 31-esque agency.
It's at least 1,600 meters long, by the look of it. Hell of a big ship for the Federation, even in this timeline. I could buy Section 31; they called him an 'operative' in a previous trailer.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Correction, around 1,400 meters long. I imagine after the movie comes out, plenty of people will make size comparisons. :)
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It's a good 'holy shit' from me, too. :shock: :D
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

...is it mean of me to half expect an Ex Astris article claiming that it's really only 200 m long? :happydevil:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I fully expect Bernd to lose his shit, again.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I make the lengths approximately 570 pixels to 260 on this pic, making the new ship 2.192 times larger. Going with 725 m for the Enterprise that would make the new ship 1,589 m long. Just shy of a mile.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo16 ... 7206b8.png

Hmph, should have made that pic a link. Sorry if I spoiled anything for anybody.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Wow, I was pretty much right with my first completely eyballed guess.

Anyone care to speculate on what the fuck that is?

(That was the first thing I said during the trailer - "What the fuck is that!? What's happening here?")
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:...is it mean of me to half expect an Ex Astris article claiming that it's really only 200 m long? :happydevil:
No meaner than it is of me to be surprised Bernd hasn't whinged about it already.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

For some reason this reaffirms my feelings that it has nothing to do with Khan.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I bet it's no "simple mining ship" either. JJ does have a thing for big... ships, it looks like. Now where's the big red ball in this one?

Anyway, a month to the date until it launches. Like most of you I'm sure, I can hardly wait.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The perspective could be skewed.

That said, Excelsior?
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Tyyr wrote:The perspective could be skewed.

That said, Excelsior?
That's an interesting idea. I've been wondering how Harrison could have gotten such a big ship ever since, well, yesterday. He's described as a 'top operative' (whatever that means) but he'd need access to a huge amount of resources to have built that. We've speculated that development has accelerated for Starfleet in this new universe ever since the Narada/Kelvin battle so the Excelsior program could have gotten a head start/been fast tracked. As an insider Harrison would have advanced knowledge of these secret programs.

*there's also room for overlap between this and the "Section 31/covert branch" theory
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who