Deleted scenes

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Deleted scenes

Post by Captain Seafort »

Meh. He's an idiot, and an illiterate idiot to boot. I see no reason to mollycoddle him on either point.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Too easy? :lol:
Like I used to say after meeting someone while on a bender during my brief tenure in college, sometimes there's no such thing.
Captain Seafort wrote:Meh. He's an idiot, and an illiterate idiot to boot. I see no reason to mollycoddle him on either point.
Not illiterate, just not someone for whom English is his first language.

And did you really just use the word "mollycoddle?" You know other people can read this, right?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Not illiterate, just not someone for whom English is his first language.
The ability to spell a word (or name) that's written right in front of you is not related to your ability to understand the language it's written in.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:Not illiterate, just not someone for whom English is his first language.
The ability to spell a word (or name) that's written right in front of you is not related to your ability to understand the language it's written in.
Yhea, it's more related to the level of caring, Seaford. Just relax. Next time I will try to be more careful. :poke:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:laughroll:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

The Keldon that we see in the beginning of the movie is ALREADY DIVERGED. Hence the TMP era nacelles and deflector dish. No, the most logical PoD occured in First Contact, when the Borg came back in time and made there presence known, thus setting the stage for the cannon destructor called Enterprise. If you follow Enterprise-tech........when became the Keldon made more sense.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mark wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

The Keldon that we see in the beginning of the movie is ALREADY DIVERGED. Hence the TMP era nacelles and deflector dish. No, the most logical PoD occured in First Contact, when the Borg came back in time and made there presence known, thus setting the stage for the cannon destructor called Enterprise. If you follow Enterprise-tech........when became the Keldon made more sense.
Keldon: Image

Kelvin: Image

There's a difference.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

You mean the Kelvin, right? Keldon is a Cardie class of ship..

I always had the little fancy that FC created a stable time loop, where the people of the Enterprise gave a different kind of Warp technology than the one Zephram Cochrane initially developped. That new kind of warp technology would be more efficient than what would commonly be created naturally by species, and thu gave an edge to the humans.

The thing is, only Cochrane ever realised that what he created and what he got was different. The Enterprise crew just assumed that what they learned was really Cochrane's work.

So Cochrane never actually developped modern warp technology. Maybe his prototype never actually worked if it hadn't been for the Enterprise time meddling.

edit: ninja'd!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:bangwall:

That's what I get for posting before 8 am, and doing Cardassian sim stuff. Yes, the Kelvin.

:::going to get more coffee:::
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:::back with coffee:::

Anyway, my position is this. In FC, we see the Borg go back in time. In Enterprsie, we see cannon flouted by having the Borg appear in season one. Thus directly connecting the two. I've always held the opinion that Enterprise was always a bit ahead with the tech than they should have been, as a direct reaction to humanities having experienced an unknown alien species bombard Earth for no reason shortly before they made contact with the Vulcans. Humaninty realized there are dangerous things living out there, and thus made leaps beyond what they had in the original universe (ie lasers vs phase pistols). Thus with this mentality, it explains why, a hundred years later, the Kelvin has tech about fifty years more advanced (which is right around what I'd put phasers and photon torps were for the NX class), with it's point defense system, its enhanced phaser system, her advanced nacelles and deflector dish, and well as her size (directly demonstrated by the number of shuttles she was carrying).

Thus, do I believe that FC was the PoD.

:::takes breath after rant:::
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:You mean the Kelvin, right? Keldon is a Cardie class of ship..

I always had the little fancy that FC created a stable time loop, where the people of the Enterprise gave a different kind of Warp technology than the one Zephram Cochrane initially developped. That new kind of warp technology would be more efficient than what would commonly be created naturally by species, and thu gave an edge to the humans.

The thing is, only Cochrane ever realised that what he created and what he got was different. The Enterprise crew just assumed that what they learned was really Cochrane's work.

So Cochrane never actually developped modern warp technology. Maybe his prototype never actually worked if it hadn't been for the Enterprise time meddling.

edit: ninja'd!
Then what about all of the rest of Star Trek, which uses different warp tech from ENT (based on the crazy travel times of ENT compared to the rest of 'Trek) and directly credits such tech to Cochrane?

@Mark - Q.E.D. That must have been some good coffee.
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Kona blend brother. Vanilla Mac Nut, double strong/double sweet :mrgreen:
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mikey wrote:
Then what about all of the rest of Star Trek, which uses different warp tech from ENT (based on the crazy travel times of ENT compared to the rest of 'Trek) and directly credits such tech to Cochrane?

@Mark - Q.E.D. That must have been some good coffee.
Well, that is why my stable time loop idea doesn't work anymore. It would only have worked with a single timeline, with the Federation always having based it's Warp research using it's own Warp designed it gave itself accidently in the past.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

So, given the explicitly distinct timeline in XI, and the arguably distinct one in ENT, to what exactly did that idea apply?
as Bull offed Custer
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mikey wrote:So, given the explicitly distinct timeline in XI, and the arguably distinct one in ENT, to what exactly did that idea apply?
I don't get how the timeline has been altered. I mean, why is Starfleet more powerful and technologically advanced than it was?