Appartently still looking for a bad guy

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Re: Appartently still looking for a bad guy

Post by sunnyside »

You know, despite it arguably being done to death I think I'd like to see Klingons. They've been so well developed, and it'd be nice if a new generation knew just what they were.

I think it would be fun to play with their gregarious and honorable yet crazy aggressive nature. Maybe themes where the Enterprise crew is trying to bend over backwards to prevent war, allowing them to actually develop the Klingons and whichever Villain they choose. Big fights and explosions being easy to work in from there, even if there is a more nuaned plot going on.

Also while Kirk can do whatever for his romantic interest subplot, I'd like to see reboot scotty chased down by a rapaciously interesting Klingon warrior woman for a bit of sort-of-hawt-sort-of-scary comic relief.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Whoever, or whatever, it is I just hope it is better then Nero the Zero.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'll second you on that Jim. If only they had put in the detail from the novel or graphic novel to explain his character. Instead we are just left with the "he's the bad bad bad guy because we say so".
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:I'll second you on that Jim. If only they had put in the detail from the novel or graphic novel to explain his character. Instead we are just left with the "he's the bad bad bad guy because we say so".
What's just as bad is that we got a villain who was written badder than Leroy Brown, even though he was - to quote Gag Halfrunt - "just this guy, you know?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer