Rachel Weisz wants in on Star Trek XII

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Rachel Weisz wants in on Star Trek XII

Post by Lazar »

From Collider via TrekMovie. I think Tsuki will appreciate this:
"Me? I would LOVE to be in the Star Trek sequel! Yeah! I would love to! I better write that letter to J.J. .I was really, wildly impressed by that. I thought it was an incredible piece of work. Yeah. It just had such a freshness and the acting was, the acting blew me away."
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Rachel Weisz wants in on Star Trek XII

Post by Tyyr »

Hell yes.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Hell yes, indeed. :Drool2:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

:Drool2: ......ummm, I mean yeah, H E doubletoothpicks yeah. :lol:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Ya know one of the most disappointing things I've ever heard? In the Mummy, the scene where they jump off the burning boat into the river and she's in a sleeping gown? The girl dressed the part for real, in JUST a sleeping gown. They had to digitally resubstantiate her gown because apparently it was pretty damn thin and when soaking wet turned a PG-13 movie into a delightful R.

Though they sort of made it up with the belly dancer costume right after it.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Did she ever do any nude scenes?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Make it so.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Ya know, I don't think so. The closest you can get is her bare ass in "Enemy at the Gates."
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

I don't care for the actress, gimme a good character that isn't there just to be a bunny.

I think T'Pol proved us that eye-candy isn't something that is worth to have by itself. Include the hottie if they can find a good part for her, but don't cram her there.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

What can you have against her? She's a damn good actress and she's hot.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Tyyr wrote:What can you have against her? She's a damn good actress and she's hot.
I have nothing against her. As I clearly said, it's just that I don't see the point of adding a hot actress to a movie just because you want more babes on set. If they add her, her part is better be a well-written one. I am tired of hardwiring boobs into movie just for boobs' sake.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:I don't care for the actress,
I dunno, sounds like you do have something against her.

That said it is an absolute given that a female interest will be brought in for Kirk in Trek XII. Absolutely a given. Wouldn't you rather see a very good, and very attractive actress brought in rather than some stock pretty face?
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Tyyr wrote:
SolkaTruesilver wrote:I don't care for the actress,
I dunno, sounds like you do have something against her.

That said it is an absolute given that a female interest will be brought in for Kirk in Trek XII. Absolutely a given. Wouldn't you rather see a very good, and very attractive actress brought in rather than some stock pretty face?
I thought "I don't care for..." meant "I don't really give a shit either way about it"?

I meant the actress. Not Rachel Weisz, but the actress who's gonna take whatever babe part they will put in the next movie.

Yhea, they will put in a female interest for Kirk in Trek XII. But again, as I am repeating myself for the 4th time, I don't care who plays her as much as I want her to have a part that is properly written and interesting. The "interest distribution" for me is:

- Quality of character written (95%)
- Talent of actress (4%)
- Looks of actress (1%)

(note: the Looks is that small just because I know they will give us a supermodel anyway, so I really stopped caring about the beauty of actress in movies a long time ago. And even then, I wouldn't mind having Sigourney Weaver as a potential love interest, as long as they write her good)
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:I thought "I don't care for..." meant "I don't really give a s**t either way about it"?
No, care for typically indicates that you have a reason for it. If you don't care you'd usually say something to the effect of, "I don't care about which actress..."
I meant the actress. Not Rachel Weisz, but the actress who's gonna take whatever babe part they will put in the next movie.

Yhea, they will put in a female interest for Kirk in Trek XII. But again, as I am repeating myself for the 4th time, I don't care who plays her as much as I want her to have a part that is properly written and interesting. The "interest distribution" for me is:

- Quality of character written (95%)
- Talent of actress (4%)
No one is disputing that we would want a good character. However we have no idea what's being written. Rachel Weisz is an excellent actress which is encouraging because she's not an actress you'd usually put in as just someone to look pretty. So, given that all we have to go on now is the actress expressing an interest in a role I'm quite happy to see the caliber of talent who wants to get on board.

I would dispute your concern for the quality of the actress being so small. If the actress can't act worth a shit what does it matter what's written for her? You need a talented actress to make a good role pop.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Tyyr wrote: I would dispute your concern for the quality of the actress being so small. If the actress can't act worth a s**t what does it matter what's written for her? You need a talented actress to make a good role pop.
Seeing the quality of the last movie's cast, I am willing to make a leap of faith and trust the current management to do the right casting choices. It it means taking Ms. Babe up-here, so be it. I am not going to second-guess them until they screw up big time, as they have proven they can choose the right person for the acts.

What worries me is the writing. It's just so easy to screw up Sci-Fi. And they can't go directly for the nostalgia/pop-culture feeling Plinket pointed out for a 2nd movie in a row. This time, the story will need a more fleshed-out plot as you can't rely on "introducing the characters" arc anymore.