Star Trek XII Villains

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs

Who would you like to see as the primary antagonists in Star Trek XII?

Klingons
18%
Romulans
6%
Gorn
12%
Tholians
27%
First Federation
3%
Parasites
12%
Section 31
3%
Mirror Universe
No votes
A new species
9%
An alliance of the above races
No votes
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes: 33
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek XII Villains

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, spotted that myself. This timeline is quite a bit different, it seems.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Subtle point - did you notice that one of the drinks Uhura ordered in the bar was a Cardassian something or other? In this timeline they met the Cardies already, most of a century early. That could be interesting for a movie. And it also implies higher warp speeds, by the way...
Yeah, I noticed and it was interesting, now my doubt is: when was first contact between feds and cardassians in the main time line.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Setlik was 2347 or something... I had the feeling they hadn't known one another long at that point. I'd say no later than 2340 for first contact.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Setlik was 2347 or something... I had the feeling they hadn't known one another long at that point. I'd say no later than 2340 for first contact.

Then i hope not to see cardassians anytime soon within this new time line, i don´t wanna repeat that Enterprise experience about the borg.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Its possible they knew of the Cardassians (such as through other species) much earlier than first contact.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

stitch626 wrote:Its possible they knew of the Cardassians (such as through other species) much earlier than first contact.
That would be logical, you don´t need to make first contact to know about them.

Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Hm, knowing about their beverages before First Contact seems to indicate that the cardassians of this timeline are a much more relaxed bunch. :twisted:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
IntrepidPrincess
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IntrepidPrincess »

I was kind of hoping that the villain was a character from the old timeline, one of the old villains who was lots more powerful then, but can be conquered now (not very easily though). Just not Q! (I always saw him as a villain, although to others he was just a problem for captains.)
"Always Here" by IntrepidPrincess
All around here I see
friendly smiles to comfort me,
strong hands to protect me,
fast feet to run after me,
loving friends and family
to always be here for me.
-Home Sweet Home-
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

IntrepidPrincess wrote:I was kind of hoping that the villain was a character from the old timeline, one of the old villains who was lots more powerful then, but can be conquered now (not very easily though). Just not Q! (I always saw him as a villain, although to others he was just a problem for captains.)
Conquered by who, the UFP???

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I believe she meant stopped, rather than conquered.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
IntrepidPrincess
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IntrepidPrincess »

That is what I meant. Sorry, I chose the wrong word. :oops:
"Always Here" by IntrepidPrincess
All around here I see
friendly smiles to comfort me,
strong hands to protect me,
fast feet to run after me,
loving friends and family
to always be here for me.
-Home Sweet Home-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

IntrepidPrincess wrote:That is what I meant. Sorry, I chose the wrong word. :oops:
I knew what you meant. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Avatar2312 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:So, a question occurred to me: If this movie does well, and we like it (two big assumptions, I know), who would you like to see as the primary antagonists of Trek XII (continuing from the story of XI), and why?
I haven't read the entire thread, but I tend to Romulans. After all... they were the only "traditional" power, which didn't suffer heavy losses (like a fleet of some 50 cruisers or one of its major scientific and economic worlds). And since Nero was so obsessed to avenge Romulus and his family, the Hobus-Star is still alive and about to explode in 129 years (before he engaged the Federation and Vulcan, he should have eliminated this threat, as soon he got his hands on the red matter). So the Romulans need new worlds away from home *g*

Hey I just heared Michael Jackson is dead (may be a fake report)... so he won't be the villain in ST XII. Sad... would have been nice to have an enemy that has an impenetrable skin.
Whoever finds errors in my English is welcome to keep them. I am Austrian.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Avatar2312 wrote:Hey I just heared Michael Jackson is dead (may be a fake report)... so he won't be the villain in ST XII. Sad... would have been nice to have an enemy that has an impenetrable skin
Michael Jackson; for when you need a movie alien but can't afford make-up.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Did you guys not see Thriller? He's coming back as a Zombie...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.