Star Trek XII Villains

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs

Who would you like to see as the primary antagonists in Star Trek XII?

Klingons
18%
Romulans
6%
Gorn
12%
Tholians
27%
First Federation
3%
Parasites
12%
Section 31
3%
Mirror Universe
No votes
A new species
9%
An alliance of the above races
No votes
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes: 33
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek XII Villains

Post by Tsukiyumi »

JudgeKing wrote:The ST XII Villains should be the crew of Voyager. :laughroll:
That's a good one; I guess that would fall under "other". :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Can we add an option for "the people who tattooed Nero's face while he was passed out drunk?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That would also fall under "other". :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

I'm a fan of the Section 31 ideas! (Haven't been around for a while, Rochey, but nice to see you're still posting such great material :) ).

I certainly like the idea of S31 taking over the government secretly and getting Starfleet onto a military footing. - maybe the already have been, seeing as we have been seeing more and more blatantly military ships! I could see them backing hawks in government, getting them info, getting them credit for said militarization, and a reactionary/fascist/S31-backed party takes credit for this (maybe saying that that is why the Fed won the Dominion War - no thanks to allies :roll: ) and convincing many people that the Federation IS safer now. But of course at the expense of civil liberties.

There can be all sorts of departures from this - A Federation Civil War; where perhaps the Government either has a purge of disloyal officers that goes bad and creates a rebel faction (Led by Picard and/or Spock, of course :shock: :D ), or said purge involves kicking out "disloyal" worlds or planets that have been less helpful to the Federation - which might actually precipitate the action. Alternatively, there could be a real crisis; invasion by a more powerful neighbor (every military society is more than likely to eventually run up against someone tougher), and with the rebels caught in the middle, they might spectacularly solve the problem, eventually unmasking the conspiracy, etc. (after all, those Hirogen just wanted a cup of sugar.... :laughroll: )

Anyway, definitely liking that idea. I would personally like to litigate S-31 out of existence in the most bureaucratically constrained way possible. I can think of no greater torment for "ends justify the means" types.

The Tholians would be nice, too. I would love to see the Romulan War, but we've already had Romulan antagonists for two movies in a row, and neither has really been able to deal with that rather obvious plotline, so it will probably have to wait. Again.

Whatever it is, I would like to see something OTHER than "Bad Guy tries to blow up everything. Big Fight. Angst (new ingredient thanks to ST:XI). Hand to hand madness. More angst. Explosions. Crazy idea. More Explosions/Noble Sacrifice of Character/Great Climactic Fisticuffs. Bad Guy go BOOM." The Evil Psycho Baddie plots are starting to run together for me!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

DBS wrote:...Whatever it is, I would like to see something OTHER than "Bad Guy tries to blow up everything. Big Fight. Angst (new ingredient thanks to ST:XI). Hand to hand madness. More angst. Explosions. Crazy idea. More Explosions/Noble Sacrifice of Character/Great Climactic Fisticuffs. Bad Guy go BOOM." The Evil Psycho Baddie plots are starting to run together for me!
I agree with you on this; a less obvious villain, or a less defined threat would be a nice change of pace. Maybe the Doomsday Machine can be the "antagonist" in the next film. :)
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I'm thinking the villains for ST12 might have something to do with the bug Nero put in Pike. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but that bug is the same as those which infiltrated Starfleet in TNG's "Conspiracy".
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Someone mentioned that bug somewhere else. In one of the other STXI threads.

That would be kind of interesting if they did something like that.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that'd actualy be pretty cool.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I voted section 31 but actually I was thinking the department of Temporal Investigations.

I'd love to see two guys come back with say, 29th century technology, and try to make corrections to the timeline, but they're only two men in a shuttle...lol :-P
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, they could come back in like a Type-9 shuttle and own most of those ships anyway, lol.

Imagine them, using the Delta-Flyer in a battle, wouldn't that be funny... they would own everything for a while, until they lost all thier torpedoes, lol.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

After seeing ST:XI just now, I'm changing my vote to the brain-worm things. There's a perfect possible set up for them trying to take over Starfleet. They already have an Admiral under their command (okay, I know we're supposed to assume it was removed from Pike, but they never actualy say) which would be the perfect position to expand their influence from. Lot's of possibility for political intrigue and battles there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Option added.

Unfortunately, it seems to have reset the poll... :?
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Hi, first of all a want to say that this is my first time in this forum and english is not my native language so i apologize for any posible spelling error i may commit. That said:

I voted klingons because i would like to see them as the bad guys after all this time being federation allies, remember ST XI is in TOS age and klingons were main foes in those days, plus we have lots of interesting information about them (culture, religion, etc) we lacked before and even if the producers decide to go to another age, klingons would be a good threat. We don´t know if Qronos will be destroyed in this timeline but probably will, so how will this new federation react to that event?

Other guys i would like to see are those from starfleet universe like hydrans or lyrans mainly because they are virgin territory (even more than tholians) and neider of them is to much humanoid, i think is time to see not humanoid races in important roles more often on ST and with today´s FX it is more feasible.

Rochey i love your ideas about S31 but are you talking about TOS, TNG or any other age? i mean if this discussion is about ST XII it will probably happen in TOS or movies age but if you are talking about a (hypotetic) new series, well the posibilities are almost infinite.

Another idea: I KNOW THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEND but i can dream because i would like to see some aliens from other franchises (probably with different background stories) like hutts, rodians, killiks or toydarians (a flying race, great) from SW; narn or pakmara from B5, scarrans from FS.
And what about a worm like parasite race posing as gods to their subjets, the gould from SG of course, trying to conquer our side of the galaxy, this could be a good background story for the parasites.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Welcome to the forum, Somos. :)

The Hydrans would be great, but they're non-canon, so I doubt that'll happen.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Now I know that every movie probably needs a big antagonist but would it be so bad that for once they hold true to the "boldly go where no man has gone before" line and just head out into the unknown and there face a problem - may it be a first contact gone wrong or natural desaster, space moster etc - we have not so far encountered? With an intelligent twist to solve the situation?

Klingons, Romulans, Borg have all been beaten to death and I think you just cant squeeze out one ounce of interesting from them anymore.

Parasites, Section 31 make fewer appearances but then - as far as I am aware - were both unpopular and the respective themes of mind controlling parasites and the evil evil agency undermining your utopia are also not new and imho uninteresting. (Also not very Star Trek like imho)

So my vote is that they just set course to the next star to the left and come up with something completely new and interesting which is not just a rehash of a klingon, romulan or borg with another name. ("Hey now with the big budget lets make an insectoid borg like race called arachnoborg.")

And if that is just to much to ask my second vote would go to the gorn but only if they make them once more look like an humanoid and not like a jurassic park borrowed cgi with loincloth like in ENT. More like a Galaxy Quest Sariss quality costume...much better:)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.