TriAngulum Audio Studios' Thoughts on the Kelvin Timeline

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

TriAngulum Audio Studios' Thoughts on the Kelvin Timeline

Post by Nutso »

In today's video I finally answer one of the most frequent questions I get on this channel... "What do I think about the Kelvin Timeline and it's Movies?"
The author was okay with the first movie as it created a new timeline, so no issues with canon at the least. Into Darkness was his main problem because of Khan. He believes that instead, they should have used "Gary Mitchell" as the villain.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: TriAngulum Audio Studios' Thoughts on the Kelvin Timeline

Post by McAvoy »

I think I can say that majority of the fans who watched Into the Darkness should have been anyone but Khan. It was an obvious fan service/bullshit way of trying to do... something with the film. I have never been a fan of Abrams and he truly is just a flashy director who never be around s ripts and should always have a tight leash around him. The Abrams Khan is just one example of that.

Gary Mitchell would have worked pretty well. Tweak his origin a little, keep him mysterious and build the story around that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"