When Spock screamed "Khaaaaan!" what was your reaction?

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: When Spock screamed "Khaaaaan!" what was your reaction?

Post by Teaos »

Wow that's some insight...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well I'll be damned... Orci was a truther? Perhaps that explains the tin hats on the Klingons ;-)

In all seriousness, though, it's a damn good insight on your part and it's not like this hasn't come up at least indirectly as a movie theme before, think Wag the Dog[/i or more comically, Canadian Bacon. I don't recall thinking back in 2013 "It's Stardate 9.11!" but I certainly see the parallels!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Andrew82
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Andrew82 »

Tried to crawl under my chair as it was that bad!!!
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

RIPOFF!!!!!!!!
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Well, I saw the previews that revealed who would be yelling this time around. So when it all was set up, I wasn’t surprised at who said it. I WAS however frustrated by the semi-break in character. That’s to say, Spock becoming a rage beast at the situation? Yes, he did have outbursts and fights as little Spock but that was at the insult to his heritage and specifically his mother. This outburst... did we miss the scenes of showing Spock’s relationship with capt. Pike.. err.. pine... damn! Kirk was something which would drive him to Mel Gibson Ranson style anger? Idk. Maybe it’s because I grew up with ST2 shattner Khan!!!! Maybe it’s because ST2 is hands down my favorite of ALL the movies. I just felt it wasn’t right, that’s to say I do not feel pine yelling it over khan trapping him inside regula 1 “buried alive.... buried alive..” would’ve sounded right either. Wait.. that’s because pine doesn’t have any moments like this? Silly me. :)
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”