Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis and Poster Revealed

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis and Poster Revealed

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 am

I don't mind it being mainstream. I rather like it, actually.
RK_Striker_JK_5
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Postby IanKennedy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 pm

The Japanese version of that trailer has an extra bit on the end. You can see it here http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/ ... -darkness/

All I will say is if this film is a rehash of Khan I will not be seeing it at all.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nutso » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:03 pm

In the movie universe, does Kirk have a brother?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
Captain
Captain

Postby Sonic Glitch » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 pm

I've heard that that kid he passes in the car in the beginning is supposed to be his brother, but I don't know if it's canon or not.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Postby stitch626 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 pm

No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Postby Atekimogus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:36 pm

The trailer looks.....meh!

Now I don't think that means the movie has to be bad, since we pretty much see only explosions and action scenes and as good as nothing from the story, but I don't know......seems forgettable to me.

I guess the success of the movie depends entirly on how much the rehashed and if they even bothered to come up with something new storywise. If it is indeed a variation of Khan...I am not really interested.

You rebooted the universe to free yourself of the shackles of 40+ years of canon. Then come up with something new, but that is just my humble opinion.

Spoiler:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby stitch626 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Postby Sonic Glitch » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Atekimogus wrote:The trailer looks.....meh!

Now I don't think that means the movie has to be bad, since we pretty much see only explosions and action scenes and as good as nothing from the story, but I don't know......seems forgettable to me.

I guess the success of the movie depends entirly on how much the rehashed and if they even bothered to come up with something new storywise. If it is indeed a variation of Khan...I am not really interested.

You rebooted the universe to free yourself of the shackles of 40+ years of canon. Then come up with something new, but that is just my humble opinion.

Spoiler:

I'm actually not too bothered by the underwater space ship, is there really that much difference between airtight/space-proof and airtight/water-proof?

Besides didn't the Delta Flyer survive the Space Ocean with minor modifications?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Postby stitch626 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 pm

My issue is more that it looks like the E crashes into a lake or something... which would probably cause massive stress on that neck.

Looks cool though.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Postby Captain Seafort » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm

stitch626 wrote:My issue is more that it looks like the E crashes into a lake or something... which would probably cause massive stress on that neck.

I doubt it's more than the few thousand g of acceleration (assuming she can match the E-nil) it has to withstand as the impulse engines (in the saucer) have to tow the rest of the ship.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
Captain Seafort
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Postby Graham Kennedy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 am

I would have thought that a ship that can take the kinds of stresses associated with accelerating to fractional light speeds in seconds would laugh at pulling a few gees. Maybe those strengths are accomplished through structural integrity fields and whatnot in space... but I see no reason why those couldn't work on the ground, too.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stitch626 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 am

I don't know. Every time we have seen a ship collision, the SIF has not been able to handle it.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Abrams Universe