Death Korps Miscellanea

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Death Korps Miscellanea

Post by Tyyr »

Mikey wrote:Missed that about the change in charge packs. So, that would be a standard lasgun charge pack? OK. But wouldn't the carbine have a ROF of S/2/4, if we're doubling the SA rate to get the FA rate? Alternatively, what I presented above is a carbine straight out of the IH.
In the OP Kendall states that all carbines and lasguns in this RP will be S/3/6 and full auto negates the reliable trait. Standard lasgun charge pack is 60 shots.
What I presented above is the exact stat line for the Fury, also straight from the IH. 30-round capacity pack, IIRC the same as a standard laspistol.
It's been like a month since I made that up. I know I was mucking around with it a lot. I may have put in the standard pack from a lasgun for it thinking it was the carbine line, I dunno.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

So noted and updated.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
Missed that about the change in charge packs. So, that would be a standard lasgun charge pack? OK. But wouldn't the carbine have a ROF of S/2/4, if we're doubling the SA rate to get the FA rate? Alternatively, what I presented above is a carbine straight out of the IH.
We'll go with a standard laspack being good for the carbine. It doesn't much make sense otherwise and the same with the RoF.

Right, that's what I took it from as Kendall called it "combat knife" specifically - the IH describes it as being lug-attachable as a bayonet, plus the Death Korps fluff describes a larger knife that doubles as a field tool.
We'll use the IH combat knife stats: Melee 1d5 + 3 R Pen 0 Primitive

My apologies, lots to keep track of and check.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Cpl Kendall wrote:f**k! I did it again!
Did what?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:f**k! I did it again!
<br />Did what?
Edited my post instead of quoting it. Having that new button takes a little getting used to. :)
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Meant more as a joke since I nuked both of the fuck up posts.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

:lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damn. Sorry to do this at the last moment, guys, but I'm going to have to pull out of this one. Let's just say that I've got an indication that I'll have very little free time for the forseeable future. :bangwall:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hope everything works out, dude.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Damn. Sorry to do this at the last moment, guys, but I'm going to have to pull out of this one. Let's just say that I've got an indication that I'll have very little free time for the forseeable future. :bangwall:
NP.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

BTW, where are we finding the crew usages for our vehicles? The DH Apocrypha .pdf has a crew of 2 (driver, gunner) for the Chimera (and, by extension, the Hellhound.) Lexicanum - based on IA 3 and 4 - has three for each variant: driver, gunner, and commander. Tyyr has four: driver, commander, loader, and vox-man. I'm inclined to use either the Apocrypha or whatever the most recent IA or the Death Korps codex has, but what's correct?
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:BTW, where are we finding the crew usages for our vehicles? The DH Apocrypha .pdf has a crew of 2 (driver, gunner) for the Chimera (and, by extension, the Hellhound.) Lexicanum - based on IA 3 and 4 - has three for each variant: driver, gunner, and commander. Tyyr has four: driver, commander, loader, and vox-man. I'm inclined to use either the Apocrypha or whatever the most recent IA or the Death Korps codex has, but what's correct?
I'm pulling the crew figures from the Imperial Armour books.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mikey wrote:Hope everything works out, dude.
Aye, I'm sure it will. It'll just take a while before I have much time to spare.
Mikey wrote:BTW, where are we finding the crew usages for our vehicles? The DH Apocrypha .pdf has a crew of 2 (driver, gunner) for the Chimera (and, by extension, the Hellhound.) Lexicanum - based on IA 3 and 4 - has three for each variant: driver, gunner, and commander. Tyyr has four: driver, commander, loader, and vox-man. I'm inclined to use either the Apocrypha or whatever the most recent IA or the Death Korps codex has, but what's correct?
Well, there's a hell of a lot of variation in the Imperium. It's possible that the different figures are all dealing with Chimeras from different parts of the Imperium.

Personally I'd go with IA as a source.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I'm pulling the crew figures from the Imperial Armour books.
Which books I don't have. :cry:
What should I use? My sgt. could easily double as driver - he'd be better than my driver, anyway - and since the main weapon is a flame weapon, the gunner's skill doesn't really matter; but I think we created the sergeants with the idea of a commander in the strictest sense.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Personally I consider the IA books to be the correct source, coupled with a healthy dose of RL experience. Anything like a Russ or a Chimera is going to need 3-4 crewmen; Driver, Commander and Gunner (Loader as well for the Russ) to function effectively. The Gunners sole job is to hunt for and engage targets, the driver to drive but the Commander has to be there to direct the vehicle, watch the overall picture (some targets may be a higher priority then what the gunner is engaging but he may not be aware of them). The VoxOp really isn't critical except for a command vehicle, the loader usually handles that crap now a days.

Mikey, I would have a Driver, Gunner and Commander.

We're really using the Commanders stats for anything related to using the vehicle anyways.