DITL Battles: Rules (Second Edition)

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: DITL Battles: Rules (Second Edition)

Post by Mark »

Sorry, I took the "evac the compartment" rule just blowing the fire AND crew into space. I'm in an evil mood today it seems. :twisted:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

remind me to steer clear of Marks ship.....
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No need to worry, Mark's ship is now a smouldering pile of wreckage. All thanks to your's truly. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Wow. Rochey evacuated every compartment AND cewman for Mark. You're a hell of a pal.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Couple questions.

How are you guys handling ships closing with each other?

How do you decide which shield facing gets hit?

If you chose to target a specific something and hit, is it an automatic crit on that thing?

Can you directly target the warp core without having to destory/damage any part of the ship first?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

sunnyside wrote:How are you guys handling ships closing with each other?
Um, by having the distance between them decrease. Not sure what you mean here.
sunnyside wrote:How do you decide which shield facing gets hit?
It depends on which facing the attacking ship is facing.
sunnyside wrote:If you chose to target a specific something and hit, is it an automatic crit on that thing?
You mean like targetting a torpedo launcher? Yeah, that would put it out of action.
sunnyside wrote:Can you directly target the warp core without having to destory/damage any part of the ship first?
You can try and blast through to the core, yes.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Rochey wrote: Um, by having the distance between them decrease. Not sure what you mean here.
As in how it's handled. Do they move with "momentum" as they do in the series where they go foraward every turn unless they choose to do otherwise, or do they move like chess pieces, going any distance in any direction independent of what's been going on? Is movement of any sort "free" or is closing etc a conn phase action with variable distances etc.
It depends on which facing the attacking ship is facing.
Alright. Is it randomized, or do you just decide what arc the ships in if both were locked into position and assign all damage to that facing? (I.e. when I did it I figured ships were doing vraying ammounts of jinking and rolling by default and that even if you fired from the front if you hit the "side" of the ship it'd go on a different sheild. So I'd roll a d6. 1-2 you hit the facing you were in, 3,4,5,6 corresponded to the other shield facings going clockwise from 12 o"clock. )

You can try and blast through to the core, yes.
[/quote]

Wow. Ok.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

sunnyside wrote:As in how it's handled. Do they move with "momentum" as they do in the series where they go foraward every turn unless they choose to do otherwise, or do they move like chess pieces, going any distance in any direction independent of what's been going on? Is movement of any sort "free" or is closing etc a conn phase action with variable distances etc.
idk how Rochey's been doing it but I've been moving them in and then "stopping" them a certain distance...mainly because I don't think of it as a move, stop, one turn is a few seconds long and I see the tac phase going on during or right at the tail end of the conn phase then the ship moves again....more of a continuous thing.
sunnyside wrote:Alright. Is it randomized, or do you just decide what arc the ships in if both were locked into position and assign all damage to that facing? (I.e. when I did it I figured ships were doing vraying ammounts of jinking and rolling by default and that even if you fired from the front if you hit the "side" of the ship it'd go on a different sheild. So I'd roll a d6. 1-2 you hit the facing you were in, 3,4,5,6 corresponded to the other shield facings going clockwise from 12 o"clock. )
I've tried to list the locations of each ship, and so when calculating battle damage I only let them hit areas they have "line of sight" for....for example, at the beginning of a battle, when the ships are facing eachother on the same z-axis plane, they both can only hit eachother's forward shields.
sunnyside wrote:Wow. Ok.
Well, it fits with canon, all the times they just target the warp core, though targeting the Warp Core/Bridge is a lot harder than targeting a phaser array/torpedo tube
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

So there are different people doing things different ways?
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, some things, a lot of things actually, are moderator based...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

sunnyside wrote:So there are different people doing things different ways?
kind of, with the small stuff we do things a little differently, but it all works out very similar in the end.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Well, I guess the only way to really figure it out is to give it a try. I think I'd like to give the upgraded Galaxy a rematch against the Lakota. I dunno how arranging things works. Though considering the Lakota seems to have the edge I wouldn't think it'd be too hard.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ask Deep if he'd like to fly the Lakota. I think you could find one of these guys to Mod for you (Staplics game has bogged down)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If you'd like to arrange a game, head down to the DITL Battle Time-Table thread (stickied just below this one) and see if you can find an opponent. As you may have noticed, though, we've a bit of a backlog in terms of battles, so it may be a while.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'm going to be doing another massive battle one after this, so while it wouldnt be just a one on one I could give you a place in a upgraded GCS and get someone else to be in a Lakota.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.