Askad-Kesval render

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Askad-Kesval render

Post by Graham Kennedy »

This is a support ship, a large fleet tanker. One Kesval is intended to be able to support multiple ships on long deployments. it's also capable of refuelling multiple ships simultaneously. It can also do so in midspace, which requires very precise station keeping for both refueller and refuellee - the ability to do that is one of the things that marks a serious military power, because transiting between midspace and normal space is extremely detectible. So the ability to avoid such transitions is the ability to, potentially, go undetected for long periods.

Haven't put the inertial compensators on this yet, I just realised. Will get to it...

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Askad-Kesval render

Post by Captain Seafort »

Does the boom lock into the receiving ship, or is it just the hose?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The end of the boom has a connector hanging off it that the hose is connected to. The connector plugs into a reciever on the other ship. I'll post a close up in a few minutes.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »