Debate I Comment Thread

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Debate I Comment Thread

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thought this might be a good idea to make. It'll help keep the comments out of the actual debate, while still allowing non-participants, or even the participants themselves, to talk about the posts just made (ie, fallacies in them, whether they thought it was good/bad, etc).
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Clarification, please - am I expected to post a score and commentary after EACH post, or after the summations? And should I place that here, or in the debate thread?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I think a total score should be withheld to keep people on their toes and should be posted in the actual Debate so as to no get cluttered with other posts.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Makes sense. Any assenting or dissenting thoughts?
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

It may be a little late but I really think we should round up another judge (a total of three would be ideal). It doesn't give a very good impression if there's only one.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I tried no one else can. Rochey cant, the kennedys are to busy. And no one else was interested this time.

As for posting the results Mikey you post them all at once 48 hours after the last post has been made (which will be the third person on my team) The two team captains have 24 hours after the last post to submit any formal complaints ie posts to long ect.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:It may be a little late but I really think we should round up another judge (a total of three would be ideal). It doesn't give a very good impression if there's only one.
Don't worry, Kendall - I'm completely unbiased. Highest bidder wins, no matter who it is. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Gotta say, I found Seafort's post to be quite good. I was sort of on the fence for this issue, but he's managed to convince me.
I look forward to seeing the opposing argument, as this one seemed quite water-tight.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I suppose if the only question being debated is "are they terrorists by definition?", then he's already answered the question. "Are they justified in their actions?" would've been a lot harder to beat using dictionary definitions.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that would have been quite a difficult one to argue about.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I should probably refrain from commenting.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Probably. :)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I suppose if the only question being debated is "are they terrorists by definition?", then he's already answered the question. "Are they justified in their actions?" would've been a lot harder to beat using dictionary definitions.
The temptation to get into a debate on this point is making my fingertips tingle, but I think I'll leave it for the main thread. :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Don't open a second front, Seafort. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I would like to request that the comments in this thread made by everyone be several restrained until the end of the debate.

It is hardly fair for comments to be made about the quality or persuasiveness of a post during a debate. It is up to the judge to decide what he thinks of the quality and content of a post and seeing comments made about them may unfairly influence his opinion. I'm not saying Mikey will be swayed but he is only human and large public support for one side would be hard to ignore.

If every post is to be analyzed in here during the debate it not only helps the opposing side by giving an out side analyses of it but also sways opinions.

Feel free to rip them apart after it is over.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.